In the present digital world, Data becomes vital as websites and mobile applications help us to manage every aspect of our lives. Data Analytics Courses offer skills to evaluate data with statistical tools to discover useful information. The Data Analytics industry disrupts the market bringing several job opportunities. It is expected that there will be 2,50,000 new openings in the Data Analytics field in 2023 and is expected to touch US$11.87 billion by 2026. If you are in Lisbon or if you want to relocate to Lisbon, then this article details about top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal.
Table of Contents
What is Data Analytics?
What are the opportunities in Data Analytics in Lisbon?
How Can I Become a Data Analyst?
Why choose Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon?
Which top institutes offer Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon or online to relocate to Lisbon?
Frequently Asked Questions about Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon?
What is Data Analytics?
In the simplest form, Data Analytics means gathering data from various sources, reviewing and analyzing the data using different techniques and tools to analyze and interpret data, such as statistics, formulas, functions, or visualizations to discover certain findings and conclusions to support every organization to streamline their operations, to be more competitive, to identify new business opportunities and fine-tune technology and so on. Data Analytics courses in Lisbon give an opportunity to gain proficiency in Data Science and Business Analytics.
Here Are Examples of How Data Analytics Can Orchestrate Artistic Solutions by Employing Data to Identify Problems.
Put Students Out of Misery: By using big data and technology in classrooms Arizona State University challenged students and professors to opt for big data-powered technology as a learning tool to put the traditional lecture methods aside.
Provides Small-Dollar Loans to People in Need: According to the Pew Institute, 5.5% of Americans have taken loans to cover regular expenses. LendUp is a website and mobile app designed to help people access small loans where a small pool of local venture capital and Angel investors make investment money available to people in need.
Help Overcome Fertility Issues: According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), about 10% of American women have trouble getting pregnant. An app called Glow uses data to help women get in touch with their Fertility by tracking ovulation, and critical Fertility signs, such as menstrual cycles, morning temperatures, and more.
Innovative Upgrades and Improvements: It is possible to refine data to the point where Data Analysts can understand what will trigger action from prospective buyers better than those buyers know themselves. Innovation helps to upgrade and improve existing products to boost revenue and deepen customer relations.
Customers love products when they are given a new look, feel, or function which makes them better and more relevant. This is a direct result of a focused effort to use Analytics to understand customer motivations.
Developing New Products and Services: There are times when the need arises for an entirely new product or service often interrelated with your existing business goals and operations. A prime example of this is found in Netflix. Netflix followed data each step of the way to regain initial success by adding games to their entertainment rolls, by selling their previously viewed games and movies to their loyal customers for continued growth and success.
Data Value Identification: Data analysts collect data to unlock new value in familiar situations and opportunities by providing new potential and direction. This treasure trove of valuable data can potentially expand your customer base and increase individual sales volume. It’s another tool in your toolbox to build up your business by tackling obstacles head-on.
There Are Four Main Types of Data Analytics
1. Descriptive Data Analytics: Descriptive Data Analytics addresses basic questions of ” how many, when, where, and what.” A Canned report is a monthly report that details performance metrics on your latest ad efforts. Ad hoc reports are generated to obtain more in-depth information about a specific query. For example, by drilling through past data on electricity usage, power-generating companies can set optimum pricing for their current customers to ensure an analysis-based pricing structure.
2. Diagnostic Data Analytics: Diagnostic Data Analytics helps answer why something occurred. Query and drill-downs are used to get more detail from a report. Discover and alert notifications of a potential issue before it occurs. Diagnostic Data Analytics uncovers possible causes and effects. One example is a retail store that analyzes data to identify the reasons behind a recent decline in sales to understand customer demographics and patterns.
3. Predictive Data Analytics: Predictive Data Analytics is the heart of analysis to identify trends, correlations, and causation. Predictive models can range from equations in a spreadsheet to applications of Artificial Intelligence requiring vast computer resources.
Predictive Analytics determine how closely the conversion rate correlates with a target audience’s geographic area, income bracket, and interests. From there, Predictive modeling is used to analyze the statistics for two or more target audiences and provide possible revenue values for each demographic. For example, e-commerce retailers incorporate Predictive Analytics to predict customer purchase patterns.
4. Prescriptive Data Analytics: Prescriptive Data Analytics is where AI and big data combine to help predict outcomes and identify what actions to take. The most common kind is optimization or figuring out “The Best Results Under the Given Circumstances.” Random testing helps to test the correct variables and suggest new variables that offer a higher chance of generating a positive outcome. For example, a ride-sharing company introduces surge pricing to incentivize more drivers to action during times of peak demand.
You need to understand these four types of Data Analytics skills to future-proof your career and stay competitive in the ever-evolving job market.
What Are the Opportunities in Data Analytics in Lisbon?
You can find opportunities for Data Analytics jobs in various Industries in Lisbon. It requires a set of specific technical skills, and workplace skills, like communication skills, problem-solving ability, creativity, and domain knowledge in the industry in you would like to work. Lisbon is quite affordable to live in. On average €23,360 per year can be made in Lisbon. These are different opportunities in the Data Analytics field:
1. Junior Data Analyst: A Junior Data Analyst is an entry-level position. Their primary role is to collect and analyze relevant data to aid organizations in making well-informed business options. These professionals are employed in various Industries including banks, telecommunications, and information technology firms.
2. Business Intelligence Data Analyst: A Business Intelligence Analyst reviews Data to produce finance and market Intelligence reports. These reports help to make business decisions about product placement and pricing, identify new markets for products, and create budgets to influence the company’s operations and future goals. Management consulting firms and IT-related firms make up the largest share.
3. Operations Research Analyst: Operations Research Analysts are high-level issue solvers. They employ sophisticated problem-solving approaches such as optimization, data mining, statistical analysis, and mathematical modeling to provide solutions that help organizations function more efficiently and cost-effectively. Sectors like banking systems, hospitals, and companies, working with suppliers, and customers.
4. Medical and Health Care Analyst: As the name implies, these Analysts use Data from several sources to assist in improving healthcare outcomes. They concentrate on the business side of medicine, increasing patient care or simplifying operations. Often these analysts work with health insurance companies.
5. Video Content Analyst: Video Content Analyst deals with the extraction of metadata from raw video to be used as components for further processing in applications such as search, summarization, classification, or event detection. They can work in a variety of industries like e-commerce, IT, marketing, advertising, and media.
6. Database Developers: A Developer creates and maintains database structures, makes sure that data is stored efficiently, and writes and tests database code, including SQL (Structured Query Language) queries, procedures, and functions. They work in the IT departments of almost every kind of industry, including banking, technology, manufacturing, health, and education.
7. Market Research Analyst: Market Research Analysts collect and evaluate consumer and competitor data. They investigate market circumstances to assess future sales of a product or a service. They assist in determining customers’ desired items, prices, and who will buy them. They work in private business, government, and education.
There are many more opportunities in the market if you pursue a Data Analytics Course in Lisbon or online courses to relocate to Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
How Can I Become a Data Analyst?
Data Analysts need a mix of technical, analytical, and soft skills to effectively analyze data and communicate their findings.
Here are some essential skills for Data Analysts:
- Data cleaning and preparation to remove errors, identify outliers, and transform data into a format easy to analyze.
- Data Analysis and Exploration to analyze data using statistical methods to test hypotheses, identify trends, and make predictions.
- Statistical Analysis is crucial. The basic methods are mean, standard deviation, regression, hypothesis testing, and sample size determination.
- Knowledge of Programming Languages, especially Python, R is required.
- Knowledge of database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL.
- Data Visualization with tools and libraries like Tableau, Power BI, Matplotlib, Seaborne, or ggplot2 are required.
- Machine Learning to automate tasks, identify patterns, and make predictions.
- Excel is widely used for data analysis and Visualization in smaller datasets.
- Critical Thinking to approach problems logically and make informed decisions based on the data.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and recognize anomalies or errors in data.
- Communication which includes creating reports and presentations that give insights from the data to non-technical stakeholders.
- Problem Solving solutions to business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Teamwork to collaborate with other teams to understand their needs to provide relevant data insights.
- Ethical Judgment especially in terms of privacy and security.
- Tools to learn are SQL, Microsoft Excel, SPSS and VBA, Jupiter Notebooks, R, Tableau, SAS, and Microsoft Power BI.
Most entry-level Data Analyst jobs require a bachelor’s degree. Learn in-demand skills in Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Python, R, etc., and get placed in reputed companies in Lisbon.
Why Choose Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon?
It’s very wise to opt for Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon as Lisbon, the capital of Portugal is one of the most interesting cities with its best climate, 3rd safest in the world, Good public health system, and most importantly its culture and maintains balanced between urban life and contact with nature. Working in Lisbon can help you develop your professional skills, and improve personal growth.
Portuguese companies are hierarchical, with the importance of age and seniority. They often prefer face-to-face meetings over conference calls and emails. Work hours are 40 hours per week. Job positions include permanent, part-time, fixed-time, and intermittent work contracts.
A Data Analyst in Lisbon with a certificate or diploma education can earn an average of 23,360 EUR- 45,560 EUR per year. According to research, the average pay rise for a Data Analyst is around 12% every 17 months.
Lisbon has evolved into a startup hub during the last five years. As a result, Lisbon welcomes foreigners to work there. There are currently several open positions for Data Analysts for technical support. Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon offers several courses to teach the trade they need.
The cost of living in Lisbon is quite low, which means that you can still enjoy a high quality of life with an average salary. It’s also worth considering that Lisbon has a very relaxed and laid-back work culture, which may appeal to jobseekers who prefer a more balanced work-life balance. These Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon lead to high-paying jobs that create an opportunity for an escape from the ordinary and an international experience abroad for people like us who wonder about it all.
Overall, finding a job finding the Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon can be a rewarding experience for those who are willing to be flexible and open-minded. So, if you are ready to take the leap… start your journey to Lisbon.
Which Top Institutes Offer Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon or Online to Relocate to Lisbon?
1. IIM SKILLS Data Analytics Master Course (Online)
IIM SKILLS is one of the best institutes for Data Analytics Courses online. You learn from the best in the industry with a 100% focus on practical acquisition. You become job-ready by the end of the course.
IIM SKILLS Data Analytics courses are for those people looking for online courses. Once you Master in techniques, you can relocate to Lisbon. Take an Online Demo, download a Course Brochure, and Register for the Course. Enroll now.
- 6 months live Data Analyst course
- 2 months non-paid internship
- 160 hours lecture
- 100+ hours of practical assignments
- Master Analytical tools like Excel, Power BI, Python, Tableau, SQL, ALTERYX, and R.
Modules As Per your Requirement:
- Data Analytics with EXCEL+VBA
I Month training
24+ hours Lecture
INR 19,900+ Taxes
- Data Analytics with POWER BI
- Month Training
24+ hours Lecture
INR 19,900+ Taxes
- Data Analytics with Python
- Month Training
20+ hours Lecture
INR 19,900+ Taxes
- Data Analytics with SQL
2 months training
39+ hours lecture
- Data Analytics with R
1 Month Training
- Data Analytics with Tableau
3 weeks training
15+ hours lecture
- Data Analytics with ALTERYX
3 weeks training
18+ hours lecture
- Weekend Batches (26th Aug 2023)
Every Sat & Sun – 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
2. TechOf powered by wawiwa
TechOf is one of the renowned institutes with 30 years of experience in education. They allied themselves to a unique teaching methodology, imported from the start-up nation, Israel. They trained 50,000 tech professionals over the past two decades with a 70%+ graduate placement rate in 250+ companies. They focus on reskilling people to become productive professionals in the global tech sector. TechOf, one of the Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon leads people to launch a highly sought-after career as a Data Analyst or BI Analyst.
Data Analyst Program
Upcoming course: 250 hours | 6 months | evening course
- Introduction to Data Analytics (5 hours)
- SQL for Data Analyst (95 hours)
- Advanced Excel Skills (30 hours)
- Data Visualization and Data Analysis with Power BI (30 hours)
- Python (60 hours)
- Introduction to Big Data (5 hours)
- Bring It Together (BIT) project (25 hours)
This is the best path to a career transformation. This program in Data Analysis, Data Analyst or BI Analyst, presents practical projects and a real connection with the business sector so that they get the contract in the end. All graduates who successfully complete the program will receive a Data Analyst Certificate.
If anyone doesn’t have basic skills, they have a 70-hour introductory program available to fill the gaps. Courses will be conducted online, or hybrid and you anticipate interactive online sessions with your trainers. Study materials such as class recordings and homework topics can be viewed online in the Trainee’s profile. Register online. You will take an online Diagnostic test of approximately 1 hour and finally feedback from the program consultant.
3. IRONHACK Lisbon Tech Bootcamps
Ironhack is one of the Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon. They teach more than just tech skills based on their curriculum in real-world scenarios. With Career Week, they make you understand what your dream job looks like, and the steps needed to take to reach it to achieve success. Their goal isn’t just to get you a job, it’s to help you get a job that you love. They constantly improve their Bootcamp offering to make sure their alumni are set up for success in the market.
- 9 weeks full-time or 24 weeks part-time
- On-campus/ remote
- Beginner-friendly, no previous experience needed
- Financing options available
- You learn more than just tech skills
- They are committed to quality
Become a Data Analyst with Data Analytics Bootcamp. Gain knowledge in skills like Git, Python, and MySQL. Work and learn on projects that build your portfolio.
- Aug 15- Feb 10
Tue & Thu: 21.00 – 00.00
Sat: 13.30- 20.30
Remote / online-English
- Sep 4-Nov 3
Mon-Fri: 12.30 – 21.30
- Oct9- Dec 8
Mon-: 09:00 – 18.00
- Sep 30- Mar 30
Mon & Wed: 19:00 – 22:00
Sat: 10:00 – 17:00
In Campus – English
Once you become an official Ironhack Data Analytics student, you will be given 60 hours of online learning material focusing on the command line, Git, Python, MySQL, and statistical analysis.
With the prework under your belt you will be more than ready to take on your bootcamp, no matter how much or how little tech knowledge you walked in with. They are with you from your first step on campus, all the way through your boot camp, and every step of the way in your career. Once an iron hacker, always an iron hacker. Let’s go for this course.
4. Le Wagon Bootcamp in Lisbon
Le Wagon is one of the Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon. By choosing this institute you learn from passionate Data experts working in the best tech companies. You master the fundamental skills in just a few weeks and land the most in-demand job in the Data Analytics field.
Program curriculum week after week
- Prep work: Master the language of Data Analysts and Build Actionable Data Warehouses (40 hours)
- Module 1: Understanding data and manipulating with Google Sheets (40 hours)
- Module 2: Master the language of Data Analysts and Build Actionable Data Warehouses (40 hours)
- Module 3: Extraction: How to recover and clean data automatically (64 hours)
- Module 4: Data Visualization and Business Intelligence (64 hours)
- Module 5: Python for Data Analysis and Prediction (64 hours)
- Module 6: Final Project: Become a Data Analyst for one of the partners (80 hours)
- Career week: Start your career in tech!
- Graduate in 2 months full-time.
- 40 hours of study in total per week.
- Graduate in 6 months part-time.
- 16 hours of study in total, per week.
The only boot camp where you practice on real data from the best companies. Accelerate your transition into tech through an immersive program. Passionate teachers, acclaimed methods, and real word skills.
No technical prerequisites are needed. Book an Interview with the enrollment advisor. Pass quiz. The last step will consist of finding a suitable finance option for you. Then, you will jump into the prep work which consists of 40 hours of training. Apply now.
Frequently Asked Questions About Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon?
1. What does a Data Analyst do?
A Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, organizing, cleaning, and identifying trends from raw data.
2. Is Data Analytics an IT job?
Data Analysts focus on interpreting and analyzing data to extract insights for business decision-making. However, Data Analysts often collaborate with IT professionals to access and manage data effectively.
3. Is Data Analytics a good career?
Skilled Data Analysts are in high demand in today’s data-driven world. Because of high demand, skilled Analysts can command good perks and salaries.
4. Is being a Data Analyst a hard job?
Data Analyst is neither a hard nor an easy job, but a combination of both.
5. Who does a Data Analyst work with?
Who a Data Analyst works with depends on the type of industry they work within. Data Analysts work in multiple industries including finance, business, science, government, and many others.
Data Analytics is a huge industry and is predicted to keep growing at a steady pace. Business Intelligence and Analytical tools will continue to grow in the future. It shows no signs of slowing down. Professionals can future-proof their careers and stay competitive in the ever-evolving job market. Whether you are starting or looking to advance your career, acquiring Data Analytics skills is a smart investment. Data Analytics is indeed a great choice. Overall, strong techniques, a willingness to continuously learn and improve, and excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential. So, make yourself indispensable for companies by making yourself fluent in Data Analytics with our Top Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon.