GST is one of the country’s biggest tax reforms. There has been a paradigm shift since its introduction. It offers students with specific skills and up-to-date information on the subject of GST.
When a skill is learned and mastered, it opens up a variety of professional prospects. This article offers you all the know-how about enrolling in a GST course. We provide you with the top 5 GST certification courses, with both online and offline study options.
Definition of GST:
The Government of India implemented GST in 2017 as part of their “one nation, one tax reform.” It is an indirect tax, levied on the supply of goods and services paid by the consumer.
It is a single tax levied right from the manufacturer to consumer, intending to remove the multiple taxes between the supply of goods and services and the customers. Multiple taxes include excise duty, VAT, services tax, etc. Its main objective was to combine all other taxes with one single tax system. On July 1, 2017, the Goods and Services Tax Act went into effect.
Following is the List of Top 5 GST Certification Courses in Agra:
1. IIM Skills:
IIM Skills is one such platform that can be accessed by students all around the world. Apart from their digital marketing course, content writing course, they also offer an online GST course. The course is comprehensive and all-inclusive. Its curriculum is up to date, fulfills the industry requirements, and delivers 100% practical training.
The course starts with the basics of GST, followed by its principles, and concluding the fundamentals with real GST applications.
Highlights Of This Course Include:
- 16 hours Lectures, with practical assignments and hands-on learning
- It is self-learning, online GST certification course
- It also provides its students with free E-books, invoicing tools & software
- Master GST Certification from IIM Skills
- This Master GST Certificate is recognized by the Government of India
Course Modules Include:
- The genesis and concepts of GST: Introduction to GST, types, etc.
- Impact of GST on businesses: threshold limit for GST registration, GST Rate slabs, due dates for all GST returns, and what does not fall under the scope of GST
- Framework and structure of GST
- Registration under GST: criteria and process
- Invoicing in GST: Rules and Regulations
- GST Returns filing
- Composition scheme under GST: Limitation and registration of composition scheme, the tax rate under composition scheme, return form
- Reverse recharge mechanism: What is RCM and Taxability under RCM
- E-way bill under GST: the necessity of E-way Bill in GST and who’s responsible for issuing it
- Input Tax Credit, payment in GST
This course at IIM Skills provides its students with professional-level training that covers all the aspects of GST. The important features of the Master GST Certification Courses in Agra by IIM Skills are:
- The lectures are taken up by extremely well-trained industry experts, who incorporate their teachings with case studies
- Sessions are recorded, which can be revisited at any point
- The resources and e-books provided are structured with well researched and updated curriculum
- Lifetime access to all its course materials
- The course will not only provide you with theoretical knowledge but also its practical applications
- The course is structured in such a way that by the end of it, you will know about concepts like GST returns, GST health check of your business and its impact, and how to solve them
- The environment at IIM Skills includes a healthy interactive session
The IIM Skills GST Online Certification Course begins with the fundamentals and concludes with you as a GST expert. The course price at IIM Skills is at the moment Rs. 2900 inclusive of GST, making it one of the most fully comprehensive yet reasonably priced GST certification courses in Agra. After the completion of this course, an exam will be conducted which when cleared, the student will receive their certificate.
Master certification by IIM Skills
Brand Partners IIM Skills
Reviews and Testimonials
For a detailed report, read IIM Skills GST Certification Course Review
The Institute of Chartered Accountants was created by the Government of India in 1949, an accounting body that reports to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The organization aimed to promote accounting and business education in India.
In Agra, they offer two GST certification courses, both of which are completely online. The courses are reasonably priced. The qualified faculty and well-designed course syllabus add value for money. Both of these features made ITCA on the list of the best GST certification courses in Agra.
It Provides Two Types of GST Certification Courses In Agra:
- Certificate Course on GST: The duration for the course is 72 hours and the mode, of course, is online. The course fee is Rs. 10,000+18% GST (excluding the exam fee). And the fee for students who are CMA pursuing/final year/passed is Rs. 8000+18% GST. The exam fee is Rs. 1000+ 18% GST.
- Background on GST law, concepts, and definition of GST
- Classifications, HSN, SAC
- The input tax credit, refund of ITC
- On the job training
- Payments and returns
- What do we mean by Zero-rated supplies, imports, and exports?
- Applicability of TDS and TCS under GST, and Return filing
- Valuation under GST, Valuation rule, fundamental procedures
- Assessment of Annual returns
- Adjudication and appeal of GST
- Advance Ruling and Anti-profiteering
- Real-life cases studies, with miscellaneous provisions
You may be interested to know about the Top 7 Online GST Courses in India
- Advanced Certificate Course on GST: The duration for the advanced level GST Certification course is 40 hours with an online mode of teaching. The course fee is Rs. 14,000+18% GST (excluding the exam fee). And the fee for students who are CMA pursuing/final year/passed is Rs. 11,200+18% GST. The exam fee is Rs. 1000+ 18% GST.
- Taxable Event and kinds of Supply
- Time and Place of Supply
- Classification, HSN, and SAC
- What do we mean by the Valuation Rule?
- Analysis of TDS and TCS under GST Law
- Zero-Rated Supplies, Imports, and Exports
- E-Invoicing and Reconciliation of Credits
- Analysis of Annual Return & Assessment
- Analytical Approach of Registration, Invoice, Bill of supply, and E-way Bill
- Practical Analysis of GST Returns
- Case studies
The eligibility to apply for the above-mentioned courses is for qualified Cost & Management Accountants (members), other professionals such as lawyers, CA, CS, MBA, M.COM), executives from industries, and tax practitioners and students who are either CMA qualified/pursuing.
An exam will be conducted on completion of the course wherein, there will be 100 MCQ-type questions, passing marks is 50% and duration of the exam will be 2 hours. All students will receive study materials and a mock exam paper.
You can also explore more options with the Most Informative GST Certification Courses in India
3. BSE Institute LTD.:
The certificate program on GST at BSE institute seeks to deliver comprehensive knowledge and equip students with skills by exposing them to various industry experts. The course learnings include supply chain optimization, IT knowledge, accounting, tax compliance, and pricing as it gets fluctuated by GST.
This course will provide an overview of GST as well as expand your expertise in fundamental components such as tax invoices, credit, debit notes, tax payment, and refunds, as well as demo sessions on GST registration.
People who are looking for comprehensive and short-term GST certification courses have come to the right institute. It is a 4 days course, with 20 hours of lectures in total.
The Qualification Required To Enroll In The Course Is As Follows:
- Beginners to Financial Services
- Stock Brokers
- Investment bankers
- Overview of GST: Important definitions, the Tax liability on composite and mixed supplies, Levy and collection of Tax, Scope of supply, Composition levy
- Determination of nature of supply: inter/Intra State supply, supplies in territorial waters, Suppliers in territorial waters, Understanding of RCM
- Time and Value of Supply
- Area of supply of commodities, services, or both
- Input Tax Credit
- Online demo session of GST registration
- Tax invoice, credit, and debit notes
- Accounts and records
- Returns with online demo session on GST Returns
- Payment of Tax
- Assessment: It includes self-assessment, provisional assessment, scrutiny of returns, accounting entries in GST
Participants who complete the entire course would receive a participation certificate from the BSE Institute Ltd. After the session, the Bombay Stock Exchange Institute Ltd will assess to certify you! The course fee is INR 9000.
4. NIFM – National Institute of Financial Markets:
NIFM or National Institute of Financial Markets is a private vocational training institute that offers both long-term and short-term job-oriented skill programs with an online and offline mode of learning. NIFM is formed in accordance with Section 1956 of the Indian Companies Act. It is not just one of the top GST certification courses in Agra but it provides skills around India as well.
Some of the job-oriented skills they specialize in are Accounts, Finance, and the stock market. They also offer short-term crash courses on the share market, stock market, derivatives market, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, mutual funds, etc. The ultimate goal is to give high-quality education.
The GST experts at NIFM, provide you with a thorough detailed overview of GST and its influence on the company, and you will become a certified professional in GST, indirect taxation, and GST software.
NIFM, one of the leading GST & financial accounting training schools in India, assists professionals and students in becoming GST Professionals. The NIFM ranks on the list of GST certification courses in Agra. It covers all practical aspects such as Goods and Services Tax (GST), including registration, GST returns, GST e-filing, and detailed accounting and tracking of GST transactions.
The course focuses on upskilling the learners with a comprehensive understanding of GST and its impact on businesses. GST is a very new and ambitious field that invites job opportunities around the world. The course will cover the entire GST cycle, from registration to claim, as well as a detailed study of the idea of reverse charge.
Students will leave the classroom with a set of skills and knowledge that will help in its practical application in the real world. The GST program prepares you for a career that is not only challenging but rewarding as well in the profession of accounting.
This certified GST course intends to provide all the resources and skills, by focussing on understanding the core of GST accounting knowledge, technical expertise, interpersonal skills, and the professionalism required for this job.
Highlights And Major Takeaways From The Course:
- GST Certified Professional Course
- Thorough understanding of GST laws, applications, and principles
- Recognize how GST will affect the operation of organizations
- The curriculum consisted of 80% practical instruction and 20% theory
- Changes to the business process necessitated by the new law
- On-the-job training from industry professionals
- Practical understanding of the many procedures required by the GST Act, including registration, return filing, claiming Input Tax Credit, and TDS
- Faculty with a minimum of ten years of experience
- Complete Placement Assistance
- Countless practical hours
- Finish GST accounting instruction using online GST software
- Intelligent, well-equipped classrooms
- Regular home assignments help you consolidate learning
- Good infrastructure and management are supportive
- Individual attention is given to each student, and faculty members provide ongoing assistance
- Weekend batch availability
- Introduction to Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Structure of GST
- Invoicing in GST
- Input Tax Credit
- Payment in GST
- GST Return Filing
- Composition Scheme Under GST
- Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM)
- E-Way Bill under GST
- Registration under GST
The program lasts two months and costs INR 25,000 plus GST.
5. Henry Harvin Education:
Henry Harvin is a global education platform established in the United States and India, with top 500 firms located around the world and 100 EdTech companies in India. Henry Harvin has customers in over 97 countries.
It provides public, college, and corporate programs, with various skill development courses, consulting services, and assessments. It is ranked as one of the top online universities which provide around 200 courses to enhance your skills and help you create a strong portfolio for job opportunities.
It covers the most recent topical subjects like GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, new e-Invoicing requirements, how to claim ITC, and so on.
The duration of this course is 32 hours with intensive interactive online live sessions for a month. It also provides internship assistance for practical applications. The certification of the GST practitioner course is recognized by the Government of India. The institute guarantees 100% placement on completion of the course. The students from Agra will have e-learning access to video content, tools, and techniques.
Henry Harvin Education offers a good value for money education, and those on a tight schedule can choose from the GST certification courses in Agra listed.
The Course Includes 4 Modules:
- Module 1: Includes supply and levy, the value of supply, E-way bill
- Module 2: Registration, input tax credit, ITC, transitional provisions, job work
- Module 3: Account & records invoice, tax payment, time of supply, returns (GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-3B, GSTR-9, GSTR-9C), refund
- Module 4: Audits, assessment, offenses and penalties, demand, and recovery
The discounted course fee of INR 8999/- is valid until October 31, 2021. Following that, the course fee would be INR 12500/-. So, hurry up! To get the most affordable online GST certification courses in Agra.
The Career Opportunities On Completion Of The GST Certification Courses In Agra Are:
- GST Practitioner
- GST Assistant
- GST Executive
- Junior Accountant
- Tax Professional
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Who can pursue a GST certification course?
Ans. Anyone can equip themselves with knowledge of GST by learning the skill, most specifically, these people can enroll:
- Students/beginners interested in a career in accounting and taxation
- undergraduates & graduates
- senior-mid level accountants
- finance professionals such as CA/CS/CMA/lawyers
- CEO, CFO, finance directors, tax directors,
- SMEs, analysts, traders,
- working professionals
- business heads and business owners
Q2. What are the advantages of GST certification courses in Agra?
Ans. Following are the benefits of pursuing the GST certified course:
- It helps to increase an individual’s wage by 15% to 25% on average.
- It expands the number of work opportunities available to people.
- It enables individuals to establish their own consulting firm.
- Contributes to the growth of various taxation, finance, and accounting professionals’ skills.
- It provides a classroom setting for improved learning as well as planned course content.
Q3. What is the salary of a GST practitioner?
Ans. In India, the typical yearly salary for an accounts manager in a GST practitioner is INR 4.9 – 6.4 lakhs.
Q4. What is the role of a GST practitioner?
Ans. A GST practitioner carries out the following actions:
- Submit an application for new registration.
- Submit an application for registration amendment or cancellation.
- Provide information on outgoing and inward supply.
- Provide GST returns on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, or final basis.
- Make credit payments into the electronic cash ledger, such as tax, interest, penalty, fees, or any other sum. File a refund claim.
- Appear as an authorized representative in front of any department officer, the appellate authority, or appellate tribunal.
Q5. What is the formal name of the GST bill?
Ans. This amendment, officially known as the constitution (one hundred and first amendment) act, 2016, imposed a national Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India on July 1, 2017. It is intended to replace all indirect taxes levied on goods and services by the Indian Central and state governments.
So here we have come to an end, with a list of our top 5 GST Certification Courses in Agra for learners, working or non-working, retired, professionals, who can also enroll in certified GST training to keep up with the latest trends and techniques.