The potential for content writing is enormous. If you’re looking for a job that requires creativity and a high level of expertise, content writing is one of your ideal choices. Content writers have always been in high demand.
However, with the birth of the internet and the consequent rise of digital marketing, the need for exceptional writers has multiplied. If you are serious about honing your writing skills and taking up writing as a profession, here is a list of content writing courses in India that can help you achieve your dream.
You can also explore the best content writing courses in popular cities like:
What is Content Writing?
Developing, creating, and revising information, usually for digital or print media marketing objectives, is known as content writing. It can entail authoring blog entries, books, articles, website content, landing pages, e-commerce descriptions, novels, scripts for films and podcasts, and material for specific social media sites like Twitter tweetstorms, Google promotion campaigns, and Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn text postings.
How Does Writing Good Content Help a Brand?
- Brand Recognition: In this approach, your brand can be seen by the general public. Quality content allows you to show off your company’s unique selling proposition.
- Improve Conversions. Conversions are simple after trust has been established. Your audience will likely become customers or purchasers of your service or product when you present them with answers to their questions in the form of engaging and actionable content.
- Establishes Your Credibility and Authority. Content aids in the establishment and development of a brand’s authority. As soon as your material exhibits expertise, it also gains in ranking on search engines and increases the likelihood of more people visiting your site. When you offer insightful information and solution base content, it will garner respect and trust from readers.
- Helps in Customer Attraction and Customer Retention. Having great content enhances viewer retention while simultaneously generating leads. It’s the quickest and most straightforward technique to catch the attention of your intended audience. As a result, they develop a relationship with your brand because of your consistency.
- Social Media Marketing Helps Leverage Your Brand. An easy and effective strategy to gain more customers is to connect with your target audience through various social media channels and create in-demand content. Use social media to your advantage and watch your profits soar.
Need more convincing, read this article on how content writing can improve your brand.
What are the Skills Required to Become a Good Content Writer?
Content writers who do their jobs well set the tone for the company’s website and create useful postings. To produce high-quality material, whether you’re a freelance writer, working as a part of a content creation team, or running your blog, there are some skills you must learn.
In addition to strong writing skills, which include sound grammar, sentence construction, and syntax, you should master the following five skills and abilities:
- Thorough research of your chosen topic.
- When writing, keep your intended audience in mind.
- Adapt your content to various industries.
- Produce unique and SEO-friendly content.
- Before publishing, proofread and revise your work.
There are many content writing courses in India that can help you master these skills. To find the right one for you there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here they are.
Know more about: Is Content Writing is a Good Career Option?
How to Pick the Right Content Writing Course
To gain a thorough knowledge of content writing, it is worth pursuing a course from a reputed institute. Many content writing courses in India offer online as well as offline courses. Let’s look at the five criteria for choosing a course.
- Clear Goals and Objectives: Be clear with what you want to achieve from your course, and then look for courses that cover your objectives.
- Engaging Course Curriculum: The course content must give you a wholesome perspective of the topic or skill you intend to learn. It should cover the basics as well as be informative on the emerging trends in the industry today.
- Defined Course Fees and Duration: The cost of the course (including exam and certification fees) must be clearly defined.
- Experienced Professional Faculty: Ensure you research the experience and expertise of the faculty who are conducting the course and their teaching methodology.
- Course Completion Certification: Always select a course that offers a certification on completion of the course. This would indicate that you have mastered the skills and have been tested via an exam.
Here is the list of the 7 Best Content Writing Courses in India
1. IIM Skills
It’s one of the most prestigious institutes offering content writing courses in India. They have a master’s certification that’s widely recognized around the world. You get to learn the art of content creation during the four weeks of live online training from Mr. Vaibhav Kakkar, the CEO and Founder of IIM Skills. The training approach includes interactive online classes on weekends or weekdays for one month, followed by three months of internship training.
The syllabus for the course includes content writing fundamentals, keyword research, blog creation, word-press and website development, social media marketing, blog creation, and an overview of content writing tools.
The 60 hours of the online content writing course consists of live assignments, industry best practices, trending concepts, and an understanding of various digital components. The course also gives you access to a lot of free tools which help enhance your learning experience.
Upon completing the course, an examination will test your knowledge, and post successful completion, you will gain a certification. In addition to this, you will gain lifetime access to their learning management system. It is the best among all the content writing courses in India.
Recommended Read: Detailed IIM skills Content Writing Course Review
The Government of India has recognized Education and Career Times (ECT) as a startup, and it has quickly become one of the best institutes for content writing courses in India. ECT is on a mission to lower the cost of quality education while pushing the envelope in the ed-tech industry. The highlight of this course is the Government-authorized certificate you will receive at the end of the course.
A few of the most popular courses offered are content writing, digital marketing, and communication skills & personality development. The educational process is awe-inspiring due to the seamless integration of expert facilitation, in-the-moment learning, and interactive learning.
You’ll learn about English grammar basics and how to use them effectively in academic and business writing. You’ll also learn about content marketing, standard tools used by content writers, and tips and techniques to improve your writing style and delivery.
IIDE was founded in 2016, with its headquarters in Andheri, Mumbai, and three more locations. IIDE was named “India’s Best Digital Learning Institute” by the “Indian Education Congress and Awards 2020.” It is one of the best content writing courses in India.
IIDE has taught over a million students using online, offline, and on-demand modes of instruction. IIDE primarily works in digital marketing and has a good understanding of the current trends and practices in the industry today. Faculty at IIDE are industry experts with real-world experience, enabling students to comprehend the course material better.
The course syllabus covers the rules of content writing; how to write for various social media platforms, tools writers use to create content, content publishing and promotion, understanding the buyer’s persona, and coming up with ideas for content.
Among the several specialized short-term courses available, IIDE provides an advanced online content marketing course. The course begins with self-paced video lectures and continues with live online sessions. A unique feature of the course is the option to “Book a Mentor,” where you can avail yourself of a one-on-one session with a faculty to clear doubts or dive deeper into a topic.
4. Digital Academy 260
When it comes to digital marketing and content creation, Digital Academy 360 is well-known. However, it has taken the award-winning institute only five years to reach its current level of ubiquity. They’re based in Bangalore, and their goal is to establish a presence in every city in India, one at a time. There are currently over 15 centers in India where the courses are offered at a reasonable cost.
Four industry experts serve as mentors who teach the course through online learning, weekly assignments, and projects. They also offer support in placement and lifetime access to their learning materials.
The curriculum is set up to meet the needs of both students and working professionals, with a constant balance of course content. Basics of content writing, different types of content, WordPress design and development, and SEO and content marketing strategies are all covered in the course.
Coursera provides some of the best content writing courses in India and is a testament to educational excellence. It offers a global learning platform that makes education available and inexpensive to everyone. Coursera has formed partnerships with more than 200 nations and universities to provide job-relevant courses for individuals and organizations.
Besides providing low-cost, self-paced, upskilling programs by eminent professionals, it also ensures that its participants are empowered to serve a greater good by sharing their knowledge. In reality, they provide an abundance of learning options, including hands-on projects and degree and certificate programs that can help you learn a new skill or hone your existing talents.
Some of the Noteworthy Courses Which Have Received a High Rating on Their Site Include:
- Good with Words Course: Writing and Editing
- Creative Writing
- Effective Communication: Writing, Design, and Presentation
- The Strategy of Content Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
FITA (Focus’d IT Academy) is a leading center for IT and language learning with a full range of training and placement services for new careers and career advancement professionals. A team of highly trained industry professionals with over 15 years of IT experience manages and operates the platform. FITA has trained over 20 thousand students and has tie-ups with more than 1200+ companies for job placements.
The course curriculum consists of the basics of content writing, website development, plagiarism detector for content writing, social media content writing, content writing tools, and freelance content writing.
Training is provided by FITA’s team of highly qualified professional trainers with expertise in the Digital Content Writing domain. They cater to the needs of learners and provide them with industry-relevant skills to help them succeed in a challenging business environment. FITA’S teaching methodology consists of the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge to the students.
On completion of the course, the student receives a certificate from FITA. They also provide placement assistance and counseling to the students on creating a good resume and preparing for interviews.
7. Online Idea Lab
A free in-class online content writing course is available from Online Idea Lab. The courses offered include Content Writing 101, Content Writing- Foundation, and Content Writing -Advanced.
With an active alumni network, the school can provide ongoing professional assistance to its students. In addition, the placement department at Online Idea Lab supports all students to find employment. Students will be exposed to a wide range of assignments and activities designed to stimulate their creative abilities throughout the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does it mean to be a content writer?
When it comes to creating and distributing content, the steps include conducting research, brainstorming, writing, editing, and publishing. To name a few examples of written work that falls under the broad category of content writing: blogs, articles, infographics, and social media posts.
2. How do you become certified as a content writer?
You can get a legitimate content writer certification by enrolling in a recognized and reputable institute. You can become a certified content writer ready to enter the content market by taking a course of action that takes 1-6 months to complete.
3. When it comes to pursuing a profession in content writing, what options do I have?
The field of content writing enables a wide range of professional options, including the following:
- Email Content writing
- Social Media writing
- Search Engine Optimization writing
- Academic/Technical writing
4. How much does a content writer make in India?
A content writer in India makes an average salary of 282,309, according to Payscale. However, salary packages can vary widely depending on various criteria, including geography, firm size, and previous work experience.
5. Is Content Writing a lucrative profession?
There is no doubt that content writing is a lucrative career choice for someone with a passion for writing and research, especially in today’s digital age. You can also work as a freelancer and take advantage of work-from-home options.
Courses in content writing can help you bridge the knowledge gaps you have in online content marketing and web writing. If you want to learn more about SEO, audience targeting, in-bound marketing, buyer’s journey, technical writing, or working as a blogger, you can choose from the plethora of content writing courses in India and find one that suits your needs.
Additionally, you can join online learning platforms such as Skillshare, Google, and Hubspot that offer free content writing courses, allowing anyone to develop their content writing skills without worrying about the cost. Utilize these content writing courses in India to improve your writing skills and launch your own successful content creation business.