Investment Banking is one of the promising career options for those people who are looking to make an impact in the financial sector. Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad offer training to upskill in the field of Investment Banking. Investment Banks are people or entities that connect investors with companies. Investment Bankers are professionals who excel in Investment Banking skills and sell investment securities like equity, debt, and derivative securities. There are 300 Investment Banking firms in India which opens to enormous job opportunities. It offers excellent pay, job security, a chance to work with exciting clients, and earn bonuses. Investment Banker’s salary in Hyderabad, India ranges between ₹1.7lakhs to ₹18.5 lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹3.4lakhs. Hyderabad is ranked the best city to live, learn and work.
Table of Contents
- What is Investment Banking
- Types of Investment Banking
- Examples of Investment Banking
- Required skills to start a career in Investment Banking
- Need to know calculations
- Investment Banking courses in Hyderabad
- Final word
What is Investment Banking
Investment Banking in simple terms is a special segment of banking operation that helps individuals or organizations raise capital and provide financial consultancy to them. Investment bankers help corporations, governments, and other groups plan and manage large projects, saving their clients time and money by identifying risks associated with the project before the client moves forward. So, Investment Bankers, using their expertise, tailor the recommendations of businesses and institutions to the present state of economic affairs to plan their development.
Types of Investment Banking
There are four types of Investment Banking.
- Bulge Bracket Investment Banks: These are the largest and most prestigious banks in the financial industry. They offer a wide range of financial services to their clients. They are capable of handling large and complex financial transactions for corporations, governments, and institutional clients. Examples
- JPMorgan Chase
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- Mid-market Investment Banks: These are financial institutions that specialize in providing services to small and medium-sized businesses [SMEs]. They offer services such as merger and acquisition [M&A] advisory, capital raising and debt restructuring. They have more regional focus and work closely with their clients to provide tailored solutions that meet their specific needs. Examples
- Motilal Oswal Financial Services
- SBI Capital Markets
- Dexter Capital Advisors
- Elite Boutique Investment Banks: They are small, highly specialized financial institutions. They operate with fewer resources and offer unique insights and niche knowledge to their clients in specific industries or sectors. Examples
- o3 capital
- Spark Capital
- Equirus Capital
- Regional Boutique Investment Banks: These are small financial institutions that offer personalized financial services to clients in a specific geographic area. They offer critical support to small and mid-sized businesses.
Examples of Investment Banking
- Scenario 1: Acquisition of a company:
Assume X company wants to acquire Y company. X company gets in touch with an investment bank. The bank will conduct a thorough valuation of both companies and inform the cost of acquisition, the process, short-term and long-term benefits, and other relevant information for their client X.
Further bank helps their client to broker the best deal for acquisition and get a certain percentage of the sales as a commission, which will be the revenue for the Investment Bank.
For example, when Tata Group took over operations of Air India in 2022, Tata Group submitted a winning proposal of ₹18,000 crores, secured ₹14,000 crores in funding from State Bank of India and Bank of Baroda through a mix of fresh loans and refinance of existing debt.
- Scenario 2: Initial Public Offering [IPO] Launch:
Assume company XYZ wants to sell 1 lakh shares and the Investment Bank values each share to be at 200 after extensive research, calculation, and valuation. The company aims to receive ₹2 crores from the proceeds of the sale. Facilitating IPO is one of the biggest parts of Investment Banking. Bank earns through Commissions and fees on underwriting new issues of IPO.
For example, Paytm, currently one of the leading players in digital payments has roped in JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, ICICI Securities, and Goldman Sachs to lead the IPO.
- Scenario 3: Merger of a company:
A Merger is the combination of two firms, which subsequently form a new legal entity under the banner of one corporate name. This refers to the consolidation of companies or their major business assets through financial transactions between companies.
For example, Future Group, the parent company of the famous ‘Big Bazaar’ retail group of stores merged operations with the Heritage Foods group. After this merger, the valuation of Heritage Group shot up to a whopping 600 crores from 295 crores. Similarly, India’s largest housing finance company, HDFC Ltd, and the largest private sector bank, HDFC Bank merged in 2022. All the above skills are taught well in Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad.
Required Skills to Start a Career in Investment Banking:
- Bachelor’s Degree: An entry-level position requires a 3- or 4-year bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields, like accounting, finance, or economics.
- MBA [Finance]: it is one of the most common methods of getting into Investment Banking.
- Chartered Finance Analyst [CFA]: This helps find employment opportunities in investment firms, financial institutions, brokerage firms, and more.
- Chartered Accountant [CA]: This degree helps them to identify potential opportunities.
- in any institution either banking or non–banking.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and Economic trends.
- Understanding of the types of debt, present and future value, project finance, and leveraged finance.
- Ability to read and understand financial documents, such as income statements, balance sheets, shareholder equity statements, and cash flow statements.
- Strong research skills to be able to find and analyze information.
These above skills are taught well in Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad. If you already have basic knowledge, you can upskill with these courses.
Hard Skills Required to Excel in Investment Banking:
- Excel: To create graphics from data, analyze financial data for business decisions, automate with formulas, keep track of payment dates, and leverage forecasting.
- PowerPoint: Designing and creating pitchbooks is a necessary skill at most companies and banks.
- Word: To create accurate and consistent financial documents for business purposes
- Power BI: It enables banks to link systems and helps develop interactive data visualization dashboards to communicate across platforms.
- Pitchbook: It is a sales document created that details the main attributes of the firm to help sell products and services and generate new clients.
- Bloomberg: It is a popular hardware and software system that allows investors access to real-time market data, investing analytics, and proprietary trading platforms.
- S&P Capital IQ: This collects and analyzes more than 135 billion data points and reports to its users including company profiles, executive summaries, financial information, and independent analyst reports.
Highlighting the above hard skills by joining Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad on your resume lets a potential employer know that you will be able to manage the technical aspects of working at an Investment Bank.
Soft Skills Needed for Investment Banking:
- Investment Banking primarily involves analyzing data and problem–solving. Entry-level investment bankers are called “Analysts”.
- Investment Banking involves analyzing a company’s real finances in which attention to detail is needed to avoid real–world negative consequences.
- Every Investment banker is required to work in synergy to fulfill professional objectives in collaboration.
- Communication is key in the Investment Banking world to explain a financial model to a client or to run a meeting with your teammates.
- Dedication to do the work is necessary to succeed as Investment Bankers work very long, busy days.
- Negotiation is a core skill needed in Investment Banking as they must communicate important details to others to reach mutually beneficial agreements.
- Staying organized is key to keeping everything on track to balance several projects at a time.
- Time Management is important as Investment Banking professionals often grapple with overlapping projects and impending deadlines.
- Work ethics help you stand out to your managers and are vital to being successful in Investment Banking.
- Discounted Cash Flow [DCF] valuation is used to forecast free cash flow [FCF] to convert to a present value based on the weighted average cost of capital [WACC].
- A compound annual growth rate [CAGR] helps to determine the growth of investment over a specific period.
- Book building determines the price for an initial public offering [IPO] based on bids from potential investors.
- Equity value helps to figure out how much a company is worth by multiplying the company’s number of outstanding shares by the latest price of the stock.
- The weighted average cost of capital [WACC] shows how much the company is expected to pay to finance its assets and is a key factor in DCF valuation.
- Unlevered free cash flow [UFCF] is calculating the amount of money a company has before paying for capital expenditures and operating expenses, as opposed to FCF.
- The growth rate is to display how much a company has grown in a specific time period.
- Comparable company analysis is used to determine the value of a company by comparing it to similar companies in the same industry.
- Net present value [NPV] to show the present value of cash flows over the life of an investment.
As most of the day-to-day work done by Investment Bankers involves crunching numbers, and understanding specific calculations for valuation, modeling, and forecasting, the above calculating skills are required. Join one of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad to acquire knowledge of the concepts discussed above.
Other best courses in Hyderabad:
- Content Writing Courses in Hyderabad
- Digital Marketing Courses in Hyderabad
- GST Certification Courses in Hyderabad
- SEO Courses in Hyderabad
- Financial Modeling Courses in Hyderabad
Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad
Explore abundant opportunities by starting your learning through one of these best courses in Hyderabad, which has a promising scope. These institutes are unique and promising in every aspect of teaching which will enhance your career growth in every possible way.
- IIM SKILLS
- Data Trained
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad which is structured by experts aligning every topic from basic to advanced levels. The focus is on making you job-ready as soon as you complete the course. IIM SKILLS help you develop the requisite skill set in Investment Banking to display in your resume and air in front of prospective employers.
Course: Master Investment Banking Course
Eligibility: A Bachelor’s Degree in BBA, commerce, or a related field
Classes: Weekend Batch – 28th Oct 2023
Every Sat & Sun – 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM
Duration: 3 months
Fees: 39,900 INR + 18% GST
Pay in 7 interest-free EMI for INR 6,726/ month
Group Discount: 10% group discount on 3 or more registrations.
Module 1: MS PowerPoint [4-6 hours]
Module 2: MS Excel [8 hours]
Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Systems and Market [4-5 hours]
Module 4: Derivatives Market [2-3 hours]
Module 5: Technicals of Investment Banking [3-4 hours]
Module 6: Different Marketing Collaterals [6-8 hours]
Module 7: Technicals of Financial Modelling [8 hours]
Module 8: Business Valuation
- In-depth understanding of MS Excel, its functions, formulas, conditional formatting, and many more
- Get familiar with the fundamentals of the financial system and market.
- Dive deep to learn about the stock exchange, financial centers, forex, quotes, and trades.
- Explore the technicalities of mergers and acquisitions, equity, venture capital, etc.
- Get to know about the buy-side, sell-side, due diligence, and more.
- Know in depth about marketing collaterals, such as NDAs, buyers/investors, lists, pitchbooks, financial models, and more.
- Get your hands on business valuation, including DCF valuation.
What you Acquire:
- Get the hang of financial skills and valuation to initiate profitable investments.
- Strengthen numerical and analytical skills to analyze data precisely and provide accurate advice to clients.
- Have real-time exposure to market share and stock exchange activities.
- Get familiar with current market trends to properly analyze resources and the market.
- Zoom in on problem-solving to present optimal solutions to prospective clients.
Unlock your potential and master the vital skills by joining our Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad for a successful career as it is in sync with industry conceptualizations and best practices. Don’t miss this opportunity to supercharge your career. Join now.
2. Data Trained
Data Trained is one of the Top Investment Banking courses in Hyderabad with global recognition. The course is designed by IIMs and Expert Investment Banking professionals. Training is done with highly in-demand tools, techniques, and technology for Investment. This is a certification in Investment Banking and makes you industry-ready with a 100% placement guarantee.
The course is taught by domain experts with practical case studies. They provide classes on weekends for working professionals as well. By joining Data Trained, get an in-depth understanding of the Investment Banking universe and find yourself working in top global Investment Banks. Program managers are available on call, chat, and ticket.
You can receive 1:1 career counseling sessions and mock interviews with hiring managers. You can learn from India’s leading management faculty and industry leaders. Explore essential concepts and skills with Data Trained…
Course: PG Program In Investment Banking And Financial Modelling In Hyderabad
Eligibility: For Graduates with 0-3 years of work experience
Classes- Weekday & Weekend Batches
Mode: Classroom & Live Online Training
Duration: 6 Months
Fees: ₹90,000 + GST
Placement Success Fee: ₹50,000
Detailed Syllabus of Course:
The course is divided into 13 Modules.
- Module 1: Basics of Finance
- Module 2: Introduction to Financial Statements
- Module 3: Basics of Economics [Macro & Micro]
- Module 4: Introduction to Investment Banking
- Module 5: Introduction to Financial Modeling and Valuation
- Module 6: Basic to Advanced Excel
- Module 7: Microsoft PowerPoint
- Module 8: Discounted Cash Flow Valuation
- Module 9: Cost of Capital
- Module 10: Relative Valuation
- Module 11: Start-Up Valuation
- Module 12: Merger & Acquisition along with LBO
- Module 13: Financial Management of Start-Up
Comprehensively curriculum includes 200+ hours of content, 10 case studies and projects, and 48+ live sessions.
What You Acquire
- You will get certified and industry-ready with global recognition.
- Our Employability Enhancement Program will advise you to build a portfolio to land the job.
- Our expert team will work with you to update your CVs to achieve positions in top-tier firms.
- You will get prepared to face all the stages of interview scenarios by conducting mock interviews as well as panel interviews led by industry veterans.
- You will get interview opportunities with leading firms in the Banking and Financing sector with our job-oriented program.
Just 3 simple steps to start towards your dream job by joining Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad. Fill in a Query Form, get Shortlisted and Receive a call, block your Seat, and begin the prep course.
3. IMARTICUS Learning
Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional Hyderabad [CIBOP]
The CIBOP program is focused on giving an integrated learning experience. Build your career with our Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad. The program stands out in the finance certification courses category in its depth, expertise, and relevance to the Investment Banking industry. Our program comes with an interview guarantee that offers a chance to be placed at top-tier organizations hiring Investment Banking professionals.
You can understand the fundamentals of financial markets, trade life cycles, risk management, and regulation and gain practical knowledge. Our expert faculty constantly supports your learning experience using an interactive module. Case studies are specially formulated to implement what you have learned with real-world projects and solve business problems.
Course: Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional Hyderabad [CIBOP]
Eligibility: Finance Graduates with 0-3 years of experience
Applicants with a justified gap of up to 1 year can also apply
Classes: Weekdays & Weekends
Mode: Classroom & Live Online Training
Duration: 2- 2-month program [full-time on weekdays]
3- month program [part-time on weekends]
Fees: ₹1,40,000 [inclusive of all taxes]
₹10,000- registration fees
₹91,000- instalment 1
₹39,000- instalment 2
EMI Options Available
Topics you will learn in this course:
Introduction to Financial Markets
- Introduction to Investment Banking
- Cash Equities and Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange and Money Markets
- Derivative Markets
- Job Ready
Trade Life Cycle
- Reference Data Management
- Corporate Actions
- Asset Management
- Introduction to International Swaps and Derivatives Association [ISDA]
- Stock, Borrow & Lending
- Collateral Management
- Risk Management & Regulatory Environment
- Anti-money Laundering & KYC
- Job Readiness
Total 150+ hours of training, real-world case study, and risk management skills.
Job Roles to Consider After the CIBOP Program
- Financial analyst
- Investment Banking associate
- Risk Management consultant
- Money market analyst
- Global finance researcher
- Anti-money laundering specialist
- Capital market operations consultant
- Executive director in clearing services
- Regulatory reporting analyst
- Financial market advisor
- Investment Banking operations lead
What you Acquire
- A professional certificate that will add considerable value.
- Implement your learning from real-world projects and solve business problems and case studies.
- Redesign your resume with professional help and highlight your strengths.
- You will receive the skills to succeed and land the job of your dreams.
- U will be assisted in building a robust portfolio.
- We confidently prepare you for jobs with a built training module made from analyzing the most asked interview questions.
Take a step into your career with a renewed perspective by joining Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad. Get access to over 500+ placement partners and explore unlimited opportunities. Take a step towards your dream career. Grow with Imarticus Learning.
Edubridge offers an in-depth course designed to ensure learners a pathway to jobs. Learners will have access to a complete set of tools and techniques. We have a structured curriculum with the latest trends and a dedicated group of highly qualified faculty members. We give exposure to real-time industry trends and requirements.
This course is designed to strengthen knowledge of Investment Banking concepts, including Merchant Banking, Over Counter Products [OTC] vs Exchange Traded Products, Know Your Customer [KYC], Anti Money Laundering [AML] and Due Diligence. This is one of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad.
Learn by working on real-world problems – implement what you learned from these projects. Case studies are specially formulated by industry experts to make you job-ready. So get started and advance your career growth with our Investment Banking technical program developed by leading industry experts based on real insights. Get hired by top tech companies.
Course: Advanced Certification Program in Investment Banking Operations in collaboration with IBM
Eligibility: Must hold a valid degree in commerce stream
Working professionals with 0-3 years of experience
Must be at least 18 years old
Must communicate in English
Mode: 100% Online
Duration: 375 Hours
Fees: ₹75,000 [83,000]
EMI starts at ₹8,333
- Financial planning
- Value Investing
- Fixed Income Securities
- Money Market
- Trade Life Cycle
- Financial Modelling
Learners get access to content with voiceovers, 10+ case studies and projects, doubt-clearing sessions on weekends with SMEs, and access to an AI-enabled proctored assessment platform.
What you Acquire
- You earn an Edubridge investment Banking Operations certificate, Employability Skills certificate and three IBM certificates.
- You get access to a wide range of jobs specially curated for you by our placement team and choose the right opportunity for you.
- Placement preparation with a dedicated placement manager
- Minimum 5 interviews assured upon successful completion of the course.
- LinkedIn profile Review with Expert.
Job roles in the industry
- Financial Market Advisor
- Capital Market Operations Consultant
- Investment Consultant
- Investment Operations Analyst
- Money Market Analyst
- Financial Analyst
You get the required knowledge from this program and demonstrate the skills learned. This course will transform you into a future-ready professional, empowering you in banking sector fundamentals. Join now in Edubridge, one of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad.
1. Who is an Investment Banker?
An Investment Banker is responsible for helping businesses and governments raise capital and aiding when a company wants to merge or acquire another company.
2. Why work in Investment operations?
Being around the investment decision-making process is exciting, but these roles can be rare and extremely competitive to secure. Always people are looking forward to a career change and want to manage money within a fund management house.
3. What is the salary for Investment Banking professionals?
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for Investment Banking professionals is between ₹3-8 lakhs per annum. By joining Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad, one can acquire good knowledge with an excellent salary.
4. Is Investment Banking operations good?
Investment Banking offers lucrative salaries and the potential to earn even higher bonuses depending on performance. It has become increasingly popular recently. Furthermore, as one gains experience in this field, they may access additional benefits such as stock options or restricted shares of their employer’s stock.
5. Why is problem-solving important in Investment Banking?
Investment Bankers need to be able to think on their feet and come up with creative solutions that address the unique challenges of each situation. So, they are often called upon to solve complex problems.
6. Which field is best in Investment Banking?
Most Investment Banks prefer undergraduate or master’s degrees in finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or another highly relevant subject. You get the knowledge to choose which is best for you by joining Top Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad.
The latest trends in Investment Banking suggest that a new viewpoint is taking shape. The demand for this course in Hyderabad is at an all-time high, which is resulting in an upward career arc and generous pay from companies. The next few years are going to be very exciting for the businesses and teams adopting Investment Banking. Hyderabad is witnessing rapid digitization of businesses and services. Specialization in Investment Banking and Machine Learning gives compound returns in the long run, allowing professionals to expand their career horizons.
Investment Banking in Hyderabad is a great career path. It offers excellent pay, job security, and bonuses. Investment Bankers should be experts who have their finger on the pulse of the current investing climate. With proper dedication and commitment, it can provide a lucrative career that is both rewarding and fulfilling. Investment Bankers should be smart and driven in challenging and stressful situations. Explore essential concepts and skills. Showcase your skills and stand out from the crowd.