Are you passionate about writing but not interested in writing stories and poetry? Then you can choose technical writing to pursue your passion. If you hail from Gurgaon, one of the most hyped working cities, then you are open to vast career opportunities. Now, if you want to become a technical writer, then you must look at this list of the top 3 institutes, which are providing the best technical writing courses in Gurgaon.
What is Technical Writing?
Technical writing is the type of writing which focuses on the technical aspects and information. This writing comprises the instruction manual and the handbooks about technology. Well, the definition of technical writing has gained a new and broader perspective worldwide. Technical writing is the way and the process through which technical information is shared on the professional platform. Technical terms of technology become simpler and easy through technical writing. Technical writing makes us easily understand complex technical terms.
People Also Read:
What is the Technical Writing Style?
Technical writing has its particular style which sets it apart from other types of writing. It is more focused on the following aspects –
Simplicity is one of the most important factors which sets technical writing different from other writings. Documents that come under the field of technical writing need to be precise and clear. Clarity comes with simplicity. Technical writers mostly focus on keeping things as simple as possible. Well, it’s difficult to write things simply. But if you are thinking of taking up technical writing, then you will have to learn how to simplify the complex and technical language. Technical writers believe in using short words and sentences to avoid the complexity of the technical terms.
Accuracy is another important aspect of technical writing. Documents which contain any information related to the technical terms should be correct and accurate. There is no room for any mistake when you are in the field of technical writing because your written documents work as a guide to understanding the use of certain technological devices and appliances. Any misspelt word or any wrong sentence can give wrong information to the audience.
● More facts-based approach
Unlike creative writing, which is based on imagination and emotions, technical writing is more based on facts and informational knowledge. Technical writing is all about the objective approach as its main goal is to convey technology-based information. Technical writing is mainly about writing instructions that can help the readers to understand the topic about which it is written. Technical writing should make it easier for the readers to understand the task on which they are working or trying to solve.
● Presentation of the Technical Write-Up
Technical writing is much more than just writing in a simple form. Well, yes the language and the words should be simple and clear, but the way you present your technical write-up also needs to be designed in such a way that everyone can easily understand. In technical writing, the document presentation such as its layout, the use of headings and fonts, bullets, and the numbered list should be simple rather than creative. Apart from that, the pictures and the images used in the technical write-up should be informative.
A Career in Technical Writing
Technical writing is a growing career that is gaining attention because of the career opportunities it gives. When you learn technical writing and become an expert in this field, you earn an opportunity to become technical writers who are also known as technical communicators. Nowadays, the demand for technical writers is also increasing day by day with the ongoing development of making a digital world.
The digital world means an enormous number of inventions in the field of technology and to ease the complexity of how those technical appliances will work, an expert technical writer is needed. As a technical writer, one has to prepare a simple and understandable document that gives much-needed information on the working of appliances. Mostly technical writers write instruction manuals and how-to guides and user manuals. Not only them but they also work on communicating complex and technical information easily.
As a technical writer, one has to do the following work-
- Write according to the needs of those who use any technical documentation regularly.
- Write content that supports the products and helps the user to easily understand the uses of the products.
- Assist technical staff with your experience and make the products easier to use.
- To increase the understanding of the material, as a technical writer you must use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts.
- As a technical writer, one also gets an opportunity to work with computer hardware engineers, computer support specialists, and software developers.
- As a technical writer, you need to gather information about various products and materials so that your knowledge about the user and the audience can help the developers to make necessary changes to their designs.
- Technical writers also need to manage their technical content and its use across every business field.
In the field of technical writing, technical writers can work on various posts such as:
- Content developer
- Technical communication specialist
- Manual writers
- Information Designers
- Web writers
- Technical illustrators
Skills needed to become a Technical Writer
To become a successful technical writer, one requires various skills which are different yet similar to other writers. But as a technical writer, some very specific skills are required such as:
- Good written communication Skills
- Capability to quickly understand the technical subjects
- Wide knowledge and interest in technology
- An ability to understand the limitation of their knowledge in technology
If you are new to this technical writing, then you can possess these skills by getting enrolled in the technical writing course which will help you to learn more about technical writing.
What is a Technical Writing Course?
Technical Writing Course is like a whole package of knowledge and guidance by the experts of technical writing which helps the interested student to learn about technical writing in a more detailed manner. Technical writing course provides you with in-depth and accurate information which helps you to learn the skills as a beginner and upgrade your skills as a professional. A technical writing course is the collection of learning resources that helps the person to improve their ways of writing technical documents. Through this technical writing course, one learns about the correct format and way of writing technical documents.
Benefits of a Technical Writing Course
Just like every course, there are numerous benefits of technical writing courses which help the student to gain various opportunities in this field. The Technical Writing Course makes sure that an interested student should get every benefit of it.
- This course gives you in-depth knowledge and information related to the format and the structure of every technical documentation.
- This course will enhance your way of writing and planning technical documentation.
- Through this course, you will learn about the audience’s perspective which will help you to understand their needs.
- This course will also make you learn about the usage of various tools which will help you to write effectively for every type of audience.
- This course also provides you with a certificate that will make you a certified technical writer.
- This certificate in your CVs will open the doors of many opportunities for you.
- As a professional, this course will give you a hike in your salary.
Well, after learning about the concept of technical writing and the career options in this field, now let’s know about the top 4 institutes which are providing the best technical writing courses in Gurgaon.
List of Top 3 Institutes offering Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
# Rank 1. Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
IIM Skills is one of the most leading institutes which is very popular and in-demand. IIM Skills is a renowned institute that is providing various courses related to writing and marketing. It firmly believes in providing the best and deeply researched knowledge on the skills which are very important in today’s era of the digital world. IIM Skills has made its place on top in providing the best courses in this online mode of the education field. Every course provided by IIM Skills has high-quality content both theoretically and practically.
Technical Writing Course at IIM Skills
Technical Writing Master Course is provided by IIM Skills in the field of technical writing. This course by IIM Skills is a well-researched and well-cultivated course that is based on the various and specific aspects of technical writing.
Learning Objectives in this course
This course by IIM Skills will help you to acquire various skills like:
- Creating extremely effective and straightforward technical documents.
- Learning about several forms of technical communication and then selecting the most relevant format to deliver the technical information.
- Simplifying the complex information about technical concepts so that a command man can easily understand it.
- Improve your technical writing skills while keeping the readers in mind.
- Follow the rules of technical information and documentation.
- Creating documents that have attractive visuals by adding design elements and pictures to enhance the reading experience.
- Duration- Live Online Class for 5 weeks.
- Practical assignments and use of software tools.
- Internship Opportunities with a master certification.
- Lifetime access to the course
- Publishing your first white paper and first technical blog with Times of India.
Rs. 14,900+18% GST
- Learn about Technical Writing from scratch.
- Learn to write technical reports.
- Learn to write white papers and journals.
- Learn to do research and write scientific research papers based on technology.
- Learn to write Conversational writing.
- Learn to write for medical purposes with clinical research.
With this course, you will soar higher in the field of technical writing. This promising course makes IIM Skills one of the best institutes that provide technical writing courses in Gurgaon.
Other Courses offered by IIM Skills:
# Rank 2. Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
ECT- Education & Career Times
ECT is the only government-recognized training institute that provides various courses in numerous fields. ECT aims to guide students to learn and identify the right career path through their courses. ECT provides courses that are planned and set by the experts of the respective fields.
Technical Writing Course at ECT
The Technical Writing Course by ECT is one of the best courses provided by this institute. This course is designed by experts which include the basics and the specific topics about technical writing.
Learning Objectives of this course
This course by ECT will help you to start your journey in technical writing-
- Learning about different types of documentation.
- Understanding the work one has to do as a technical writer.
- Learning how to write effective and error-free informative content.
- Learning about the different strategies and tools used in technical writing.
- Learning what career you can make in technical writing.
- Course Duration- 3 Months
- Live training of 30 hours with e-learning videos.
- 6 practical assignments and Live projects.
- 12 Quizzes to check your knowledge.
- Internship Opportunities with a certification.
Rs.16,949 + 18% GST = Rs. 19,999
- Complete Introduction to Technical Writing.
- Grammar and Styling of Technical Writing.
- Information Architecture
- Master a Markdown Language
- Learn XML, JSON & DITA
- Learn about various tools and strategies.
ECT is the only leading institute which is recognized by the government which provides you with the Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon with a government-recognized certificate by the end of the course.
#Rank 3. Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
Henry Harvin is another best institute that has a wide range of courses available for you to learn. Henry Harvin is a renowned institute that helps students to start their professional journey by upskilling them with their exceptionally constructed courses. They focus on value creation.
Technical Writing Course at Henry Harvin
The Technical Writing Course provided by Henry Harvin is a well-structured course that teaches the students how they can transform the data and technical information into powerful written technical documentation and guides. Through this course, students learn to master the art of simplifying complex details into an understanding and simple technical documents.
Learning Objectives of this course
- Learn about ethics in scientific communication.
- Learn to prepare research documents.
- Learn the skill of communicating the technical details to every type of audience.
- Learn to write professionally that is writing in a clear and convincing tone.
- Course Duration- Live online classroom sessions for 32 hours.
- Practical and live projects to help you understand the documentation process.
- Lifetime access to the course.
- Internship opportunities with a 100% placement guarantee.
- Get certification on completion of the course.
- Membership – 1-year Gold membership of the course that has many benefits.
Rs. 13,500 for Safe Placed Course.
Rs. 15,000 for Safe Placed Course + 1-year Gold membership.
- Introduction to Technical Writing and its process.
- Documentation Process.
- Grammar and Editing methods.
- Software tools related to technical writing.
- Technical Documents formats and components.
- Techniques used in technical writing
- Soft skills development
By providing this well-structured course and the amazing benefits of membership, Henry Harvin proves that it is one of the best institutes that provide technical writing courses in Gurgaon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why are technical writing courses important?
Ans. Technical Writing Courses are important because they help the candidate or the interested one to begin their journey from a basic level. If someone is interested in technical writing but has zero knowledge of it, then these technical courses introduce them to technical writing.
These courses are very well constructed that act as a step-by-step guide for you to learn about technical writing in-depth. With the knowledge of experts, these technical writing courses also provide you with government-approved certification. This certification in your CVs opens you to a vast number of opportunities.
Q2. Which skills are important to become a technical writer?
Ans. As a professional technical writer, the more skilled you are, the better. Check out some of the technical writing courses in Gurgaon to enhance your skills. The skills which are specifically needed to become a technical writer are:
- Ability to transform complex technical information into a simple language.
To write simply or to simplify complex and complicated information is the foremost skill that a technical writer should know. Technical terms are most difficult to understand. That’s why as a technical writer, you should know how to use short and clear words to simplify them for the readers.
- Extremely good editing and proofreading skills.
A technical document mostly provides useful information such as instructions and steps related to the use of the product. So there should be no errors and mistakes in the documents. For that as a technical writer, you should double-check your written content and should know how to edit it.
- Should know how to use visuals and pictures wisely.
Technical writing is mostly writing about tech products and appliances or gadgets. Thus, many technical documents use photographs, graphs, and pictures, and other visuals to make the document look more workable. As a technical writer, one should know how to use those visuals in their content.
Q3. What is the salary of a technical writer?
Ans. The salary of a working person depends on the demand of that profession and the quality of work. As a technical writer, one can earn up to an average salary of Rs. 4.97 lakhs per year. Depending on your skills and experience, the salary scale ranges from Rs. 2.29 lakhs per annum to Rs. 10 lakhs per annum.
Here we come to the end of this article which presents you the list of the top 3 technical writing courses in Gurgaon. We hope this article helps you to find out the best institute for pursuing technical writing courses in Gurgaon.