GST is a significant tax reform in Indian history, it is a single tax entity removing more than 12 different indirect taxes in India. GST has completed 5 years successfully and is still working on improving every now and then. As it is a part of the majority of businesses, the need for GST professionals is always there. Looking into the demand for skilled professionals, we are sharing a list of the best GST certification courses in Delhi to help you out.
Best GST Certification Courses in Delhi
Before moving to the list of institutions and colleges providing the best GST Certification courses in Delhi, it is of utmost importance to be clear with various aspects of GST, including why it was needed and how it was introduced. Before beginning your career in any field, a clear understanding of what you will be getting into is necessary. Lets began.
Table of Contents
● What is GST?
● How does GST Works For Different Entities?
● Types of GST
● Advantages of GST
● GST Certification Courses And Their Eligibility
● List of 5 Best Job-Oriented GST Certification courses in Delhi
● Career Prospects and Salaries After GST certification Courses
● Frequently Asked Questions
What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Service Tax. In India, the GST, an indirect tax, has taken place of numerous other indirect taxes including the excise tax, VAT, services tax, etc. On March 29, 2017, the Parliament implemented the Goods and Service Tax Act, which went into force on July 1, 2017.
In other words, the provision of goods and services manufacturing and supplies are subject to the Goods and Services Tax (GST). All value addition in India is subject to the comprehensive, multi-stage Goods and Services Tax Legislation, which depends on the destination.
A single domestic indirect tax law, GST, applies to the entire nation. GST is a multi-stage, all-inclusive tax system used to tax the sale of goods and services. This taxation scheme, which is used all over India, is primarily intended to remove or reduce the cascading effect of other indirect taxes.
How Does GST Works for Different Entities?
Manufacturer: GST must be paid by the maker on both the product’s raw materials and any value added during production.
Service Provider: In this scenario, both the product’s purchase price and the value added to it are subject to GST that must be paid by the service provider. The complete amount of GST that must be paid, however, may be reduced by the manufacturer’s tax payment.
Retailer: The retailer is responsible for paying the tax on both the merchandise they purchased from the distributor and the profit margin they added. And, the total amount of GST that must be paid may be reduced by the retailer’s tax payment.
Consumers: For a consumer, GST needs to be paid on any item purchased by them.
Types of GST
4 types of GST are applicable in India.
1. SGST (State goods and service tax)
- For the sale of goods and services Intra State i.e. within the same state
- Revenue is earned by central and state government
- SGST is earned by the state government where the transaction is made
2. CGST (Central Goods and Service Tax)
- For the sale of goods and services Intra State i.e. within the same state
- Revenue is shared by central and state government
- The tax rate should not exceed more than 14% each
Let us understand this with an example:
Dealer 1 sells 30000 goods to dealer 2. The tax rate is 18%. How much amount will go to the state and Central Government as GST?
30000*(18/100) = 5400
This amount of 5400 will be shared equally between the central and state government.
SGST INR 2700 to the state government
CGST INR 2700 to the central government
3. IGST(Integrated Goods and Service Tax)
- For the sale of goods between a state to different states or between state and union territories.
- Also used for imports and exports
- Revenues are shared by both Central and state governments equally.
If a seller from Madhya Pradesh sells goods to another seller in Maharashtra worth Rs. 15000 at a 10% tax rate. So, the Tax amount of 1500 will be shared equally amongst the central and state governments.
4. UTGST (Union Territory Goods and Service Tax)
- For the sale of goods and services Intra Union territories i.e. within the same union territories. Like within Andaman or Daman and Diu.
Advantages of GST
Every buyer, including the final consumer, paid tax on tax during the pre-GST era. This tax condition refers to as Cascading effect of taxes.
The cascading impact was eliminated by GST. Only value addition is taken into account when calculating tax at each stage of the transfer of ownership.
The GST, which is imposed on the supply of goods and services, presents a transparent tax structure. The typical buyer only notices the state taxes that are applicable on the product label, not the other taxes that are included in the items.
The GST is designed to simplify business operations while aiming to boost tax compliance, raise state and federal government revenue, and hasten economic growth. The tax burden on many commodities is decreased by the elimination of the cascading tax effect.
- GST has eliminated the cascading tax effects.
- Higher threshold for GST registration
- Separate composition scheme for small businesses
- Regulating unrecognized sector
- Simplification of the tax process
- Relatively lesser compliance
- Better and simple online
GST Certification Courses in Delhi And Its Eligibility
GST certification courses in Delhi are suitable for all those who intend to excel as a GST practitioner or for those eager to set foot in the financial sector. This course can be helpful for professionals like CA, and CS, or even for freshers and students to build a better career.
GST certification courses in Delhi can be done by anyone keen to gain knowledge of GST and the Indian financial and taxation system. These courses can be done by working professionals, business owners, freshers, and even students. Basic knowledge of the Indian Taxation system is going to be a plus for you.
- Also, there are a few specific courses by some institutions that are only for CA’s or CS.
- Students pursuing graduation or post-graduation can go for GST certification courses
- Business owners can go for GST certification courses in Delhi so that they may file their own returns.
Other best courses in Delhi:
- Content Writing Courses in Delhi
- Digital Marketing Courses in Delhi
- Technical Writing Courses in Delhi
List of 5 Best Job-Oriented GST Certification courses in Delhi
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is not any new institute that needs any introduction. They are one of the leading educational service providers. They offer many certification courses online with an internship option. All their courses are designed by experts with full practical knowledge. They offer one of the best job-oriented GST Certification Courses in Delhi.
Course Name: GST Practitioner Certification Course
Course Duration: One month which includes 16 hours of live lectures + Practical assignments and weekly tasks
Course Fee: INR 2900 + 18% GST
MSME Registered certification.
The GST course is divided into 9 modules:
- The origin and concept of GST and its impact on businesses
- The framework and structure of GST
- GST registration Criteria and process explained
- In voicing in GST: Invoicing rules and regulations
- GST returns filing
- Composition scheme under GST
- Reverse charge mechanism (RCM)
- E-way bill under GST
- Input tax credit system in GST
Key Features of GST Certification Course By IIM SKILLS:
- Master certification is obtained and accepted by the Indian MSME government.
- Access to all live-streamed videos for a lifetime
- Practical instruction combined with real-world application
- All relevant hardware and software are taught
- Round-the-clock support.
- GST is covered in-depth and practically in online sessions that have already been recorded.
- The application of well-researched teaching methods and a curriculum that is up to date with the most recent developments in the GST sector.
- With instruction from leading specialists in business and case studies, your learning will be intense.
- This course will give you intellectual clarity and a grasp of the theoretical and practical uses of GST.
- By the end of the course, you will be completely knowledgeable about the new GST returns, able to do a GST health check on your business or organization, and aware of the areas that will be affected, allowing you to make plans for any unforeseen circumstances.
- You can get prompt responses to your inquiries through our discussion forum.
Contact: +919580740740, email@example.com
2. AJNIFM- Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management
The Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) is an autonomous institute and a Centre of Excellence that focuses on enhancing the skills of professionals in various fields like public policy, financial management, and other governance-related topics in order to promote the highest standards of professional expertise and training.
The certificate course in GST is an advanced level course that assesses a candidate’s understanding of several GST topics as well as transitional problems. The course has been designed with a combination of web-based study & self-study followed by an online examination to provide adequate knowledge of GST. Four Sundays make up the course’s total duration.
AJNIFM started this course with some motives, which are:
- Learn about the difficulties associated with the entire application, compliance, and enforcement of the GST Law and Regulations.
- Understand how GST will affect your company’s operations and the adjustments to your business practices required to comply with the new law.
- To comply with the GST Act and Rules, you must take a number of practical procedures, including registration, return filing, utilization of input tax credits, TDS (Tax Deduction at Source for Government Purchases) compliance, refund requests, and other documentation requirements.
- Successful management of transitional issues.
- Computerization: real-world knowledge
All of the instructors and mentors at NIFM are certified GST instructors, members of the Indian government holding various positions in the financial and accounting divisions, or even seasoned retirees.
Course Name: GST Training / Certificate course in GST
Duration: 25 hours
A total of 5 sessions are conducted, 4 sessions are for complete detailed classes and the last one is for examination.
60% Virtual Attendance is compulsory to sit in the examination
Fees: INR 12500 + 18% GST
*For complete course and syllabus detail you can visit their webpage and download the brochure.
After course completion, a certificate is awarded jointly by ICSI and NIFM.
Contact Details: + 91 129 2418870
3. ICAI (Institute of Charted Accountants of India)
The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) created the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), a statutory body, to regulate and control the practice of chartered accounting in the nation. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs of the Government of India looks after the administrative operations of ICAI.
The ICAI, the second-largest professional association of chartered accountants in the world, has a long history of boosting the Indian economy in the public interest. The GST & Indirect Taxes Committee of the ICAI has established the Certificate Course on GST to help members learn the specifics of this new GST law.
This course’s goals are to increase knowledge and give participants access to the global services industry. Participants must have a fundamental understanding of the topic.
Course Name: Certificate Course on GST
Both virtual and Physical classes are available.
12 days for virtual classes
and 10 days for physical classes
Eligibility: This course (online or offline) is only available for members of ICAI.
- 14,000 plus GST for major metro cities (Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur)
- 12,600 plus GST for other cities
The certificate is awarded after course compilation and clearing the examination.
- GST & Indirect Taxes Committee
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No.: 0120 – 3045954
- GST Certification Courses in India
- GST Certification Courses in Noida
- GST Certification Courses in Gurgaon
- GST Certification Courses in Bangalore
- GST Certification Courses in Faridabad
4. ISEL (International Society For Executive Learning) Global
ISEL Global is an International Society offering different Executive learning programs. They offer a GST Practitioner Certification course which is recognized by the MSME Government of India. The Goods and Service Tax rules are thoroughly explained in this course for the GST Practitioner certification.
In collaboration with the MSME, Government of India, ISEL GLOBAL has launched the Certification Course on GST Practitioner to impart practical components of the Good and Service Tax (GST), including the registration process, filing of returns, and in-depth accounting and recording of GST transactions.
Understanding and assimilating the new GST in India, new compliances, and changes to corporate operations processes are crucial. to produce GST experts out of professionals and aspiring candidates by assisting them with the current modifications.
The intention behind this course is to teach practical aspects of GST to all. ISEL offers you one of the best GST Certification courses in Delhi.
- Access to 35+ hours of high-quality materials and online learning
- On Sunday, GST Faculty will present live, interactive sessions for GST Q&A and Lectures.
- Training materials created and presented by 25 years of industry experience
- Offline Tools: Excel Offline Tool, User Instructions, GST Study Notes
- Weekly emails will be sent out with GST updates if any.
- Email-based technical support and online training
- Possibility of taking the GST Practitioner Certification Course’s online examination
- The course can be finished early and you can still take the certification exam.
- Those who pass the test are given official GST Practitioner Certification.
Course Name: GST Practitioner Certification Course
Course Duration: 3 Months
Course syllabus: This Course is divided into 10 modules:
Module 1: Taxation and GST Basics
Module 2: GST concepts and Basics
Module 3: GST Registration
Module 4: GST Invoicing
Module 5: GST Returns
Module 6: Input Tax Credit
Module 7: GST Valuation
Module 8: GST Legal Provisions
Module 9: Miscellaneous
Module 10: GST Practitioner Certification Examination
Professionals and students in CA and CS, IAS candidates, MBA Finance students, ICWA professionals, CFOs, LLB students and practitioners, independent tax consultants and practitioners, and graduates and accountants. Accountants and B.Com. or M.Com. grads seeking employment under the GST.
A graduate or postgraduate with a degree in commerce, law, banking, business administration, or business management from any Indian university founded by any law currently in effect
Course Fee: INR 7600
ISEL GLOBAL Education, Ground Floor, A Block, Sector 63,
Noida, UP 201301
5. IISDT (Indian Institute of Skill Development Training)
IISDT is an ISO Certified Govt. The registered body is an Autonomous Organization providing Vocational Education. The principal goal of the Indian Institute of Skill Development Training (IISDT) was to improve the abilities of Indian youth to satisfy the country’s expanding need for modern industry.
The public’s opinion of skill development has been steadily declining as a result of the poorly paying jobs that people have been getting, exploitation, and the lack of opportunities for career advancement, even though it was necessary for our country to ensure that the population was used productively.
While this situation applied a few years ago, today’s students with skill development training are among the most sought-after due to the industry’s need for new talent.
Course Name: Goods & Service Tax (GST) Course.
Course Syllabus: This course covers full practical aspects of GST.
Major topics which are covered:
- Introduction to Goods and Services Tax
- Levy, Tax Collection, and Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Input Tax Credit & Payment of GST
- Concept of Tax Planning
- Statistical Data and Descriptive Statistics
- Probability and Probability Distributions
Eligibility: 12th Pass
Course Fee: INR 2000
Address: Indian Institute of Skill Development Training
1187, Scheme No. 114(Part 1), Vijay Nagar, Indore,
Madhya Pradesh, INDIA- 452010
For Online Examination and Certification: 08085952100
Email id for General Query: email@example.com
Email id for Franchise Enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Prospects and Salaries After GST certification Courses in Delhi
After the completion of GST certification Courses in India, you have got numerous work opportunities. You can easily start working under any accounting firm or any business’s accounting department as a fresher. Also, many big organizations are hiring GST Professionals in the finance department. After gaining enough experience you can even start as a Practitioner in GST.
- Taxation Manager
- Taxation Research Analyst
- Tax Reconciliation Accountant
- GST Compliance Practice
- GST Compliance Executive
- GST Department
- GST Practitioner
- GST Trainer
Average salary ranges between INR 15000 to INR 20000 for a fresher and with experience one can easily earn INR 30000 to INR 40000.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Tax consultant||INR 514,314|
|Tax accountant||INR 338, 398|
|Tax analyst||INR 349,285|
|Tax Associate||INR 390,981|
|Tax manager||INR 1,337,537
Frequently Asked Questions
Que. 1 What is the fee for GST Certification Courses?
Ans. On average INR 5000 to INR 15000 Plus 18% GST. For certified courses around INR 10000, and even a few institutes which are providing government certifications may charge up to 15-18k.
Que. 2 How many types of GST certification Courses are there?
Ans. Mainly there are two courses one is a basic GST course and another is an advanced or executive course. Also, different institutions offer different programs which may consist of a complete Indian Taxation System, or how to plan and execute GST from scratch.
Que. 3 How can I become a GST expert?
Ans. For starters choose an introductory course as per your requirement and budget. After you are well-versed in the subject matter, start by practicing and working under someone who can guide you. Further, you can start your own set-up.
Que. 4 Are all GST Certification Courses in Delhi Government Certified?
Ans. Well, not all GST certification courses in Delhi are government certified. Both government and private institutes provide GST certification courses. Both are equally valued, it’s the skill you have gained that matters.
Que. 5 Are there any free GST Certification Courses in Delhi?
Ans. To your surprise, the answer is yes. There are some free GST courses available to help you gain clarity and understand the whole process of GST return filing.
Que. 6 Will a GST certification course give a job guarantee?
Ans. There is no guarantee to be very precise. But there is a good chance of getting a job after you have learned well and are confident enough.
GST has benefitted both the consumer and manufacturer and even the middlemen involved. GST return has to file at every step by different entities that are adding value to material or products and to those who are consuming. One can not ignore the role of a GST practitioner. This creates a great opportunity for skilled professionals due to this more and more students, graduates, or working professionals are inclined toward GST certification courses in Delhi. I hope this article will help you understand GST and choose the best institutions. Thank you.