In order to understand the contents of the GST Certification Courses in Kota, here is a bird’s eye view of the concepts of GST in India. The tax which is levied on the supply of goods and services in India is named Goods and Services Tax (GST). Soon after the implementation of the 101st Amendment to the Constitution of India by the Government of India, this tax finally came into existence on July 1, 2017. It is an indirect tax and is a successor of VAT in India. Taxation slabs for GST, as well as VAT, are similar. Read the full article to find the best GST Certification courses in Kota.
The GST was made to replace existing multiple taxes levied by the Union and the State Governments. It is a destination–based, comprehensive, and multi-stage tax. Destination-based because, unlike earlier taxes, it is collected from the point of consumption and not from the point of origin.
It is said to be comprehensive as it contains mostly all the existing taxes, leaving aside certain State taxes. It is termed as multistage as, other than the final consumer, it is meant to be refunded to all parties in the various stages of production and is imposed at every step in the production process of a company.
The introduction of GST in July 2017, has embarked upon a significant call for certified and experienced professionals who are experts in the field of taxation and in a position to cater to the business houses to master the art of complying with the latest regulations laid down by the GST. This has marshaled to the emergence of GST Certification Courses in India.
Goods Excluded from the GST
- Alcohol is for human consumption and not for commercial use.
- Petrol and petroleum products (GST will apply at a later date), i.e., High-speed Diesel, Crude Petroleum, Petrol, Natural Gas, and Aviation Turbine Fuel.
Components of GST
There are following four different types of GST according to the newly implemented Taxation Regime-
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST):
The Integrated Goods and Services Tax or IGST is a tax under the GST regime that is applied on imports, exports as well as on the interstate (between 2 states) supply of goods and/or services.
- State Goods and Services Tax (SGST):
The State Goods and Services Tax or SGST is a tax under the GST regime that is applicable to transactions made within the same state (intrastate). In this case, both State GST and Central GST are levied.
- Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST):
This tax is governed by the CGST Act. In this case, the revenue earned from CGST is collected by the Central Government.
- Union Territory Goods and Services Tax (UTGST):
It is levied on the supply of goods and/or services in all the Union Territories (UTs) of our country.
Significance of GST
To have a better understanding of the GST Certification Courses in Kota, it is imperative to grasp the following key benefits of these courses-
- Uncomplicated Online Procedure: The filing of online GST returns is extremely simple and easy. The process of online filing of GST returns contributes to making of tax administration corruption free.
- To Increase the Effectiveness of Indirect Tax Management: Both the Central and the State Governments have to administer only one indirect tax, i.e., GST after the successful implementation of GST in India. Therefore, the administration of GST is more feasible. This has led to lesser chances of tax evasion. In past years, the management of too many indirect taxes was a complicated task for the Government.
- To Attract More Direct Foreign Investment: Goods and Services Tax facilitates the ease of doing business. Therefore, its implementation attracts more Direct Foreign Investment.
- Composition Scheme for Small Businesses: This scheme is an easy scheme under GST for small taxpayers. Through this scheme, they can do away with GST formalities and pay GST at a fixed rate of turnover. This scheme can be opted for even by a small taxpayer whose turnover is less than the stipulated limit and who is not involved in making inter-state supplies.
- Enhanced Productivity of Logistics Companies: The movement of goods has been considerably compromised after the abolition of octroi and entry tax. This has resulted in the increased productivity of logistics companies.
- Creation of a Common National Market: GST has led to the formation of a Uniform Tax Law and hence has aided the formation of a Common National Market. It has also given a boost to India’s Tax to Gross Domestic Product ratio which helps in promoting long-term economic prosperity and growth.
- Regulation of Unregulated and Unorganised Sectors under GST: It is because of GST that the unorganized and unregulated sectors such as Construction and Textile could be brought under regulation.
What is GST Certification Course?
The GST Certification Courses in Kota provide comprehensive information regarding Goods and Services Tax and Regulation.
Benefits of GST Certification Course:
Enrollment in GST Certification Courses in Kota has a host of benefits which are as follows:
- Learn the basics of GST.
- Learn the art of extraction of data from Tally for the various types of return filing.
- Learn the complete GST registration process and return filing.
- Business owners can learn to do the GST registration of their businesses and file their GST returns on their own.
- Learn the techniques to rectify some common errors encountered while filing GST returns.
Other best courses in Kota:
GST Certification Courses in Kota
Kota, a city in the state of Rajasthan, has debuted as a wonderful hub for technical as well as professional courses. The city has gained acclamations for its medical and engineering entrance exams coaching centers. Of late, the various GST Certification Courses in Kota have achieved laurels.
The course curriculum of these GST Certification Courses in Kota involves the study of the core competencies of the GST system, compliance requirements, and its overall impact on the Corporate world.
1. IIM SKILLS
Course Name: Online GST Practitioner
Course Duration: 16 Hours
Course Fee: INR 2900+18% GST
Customer Care Number: 9580740740
One of the top-notch Online GST Certification Courses in Kota has been offered by IIM SKILLS. Its GST Practitioner Certification Course together with an exhaustive course curriculum and industry-experienced mentors make it a great choice amongst the students’ community.
This course also integrates ample case studies and practical assignments for a richer learning experience. A whole 16 hours of immersive learning is allocated to comprehend what exactly a future in GST entails.
The core knowledge of the overall taxation system especially the GST is further strengthened by the lifetime access to the Learning Management System (LMS) of IIM SKILLS which contains the recorded sessions of the live classes.
GST Course Salient Features:
- 16 Hours Self Study Lectures
- Practical Assignments
- Freelance Opportunities
- Weekly Assessments
- Dedicated Placement Cell
- Recognized By MSME, Government Of India
- Free E-Books, Invoicing Tools, and Software
- Registered Certification with MSME
- Basic Concepts of GST
- Registration of GST
- Framework and Structure of GST
- Schemes under GST
- E-way Bill
- Invoicing Rules and Regulations
- Input Tax Credit and Payment
- GST Returns Filing
- Reverse charge mechanism under GST
- Debit and Credit Notes
- The Taxation System of India
- Implementation and Planning of GST for Businesses
2. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
To sharpen GST skills and impart thorough knowledge about GST and its regulations, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India introduced GST & Indirect Tax Commission, a certificate course on GST. It is one of the most coveted GST Certification Courses in Kota.
The primary objective of this Course is to broaden the knowledge as well as to provide an appropriate avenue to the learners in the global service market. The participants are required to have a fundamental knowledge of the subject.
ICAI offers two types of courses on GST:
- Certificate Courses
- GST Advanced Certificate Courses
Eligibility: These courses are only available for Chartered Accountants.
Course Duration: 10-days
Course Fee: The course fee is INR 10,000 plus GST (For Certificate Courses), and
INR 14,000 plus GST (For Advanced Certificate Courses).
Address: ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002
Phone Number: +91-9997599975
- The study material is available on the e-learning portal of ICAI.
- Session recordings are available for the students for two months.
- Candidates get 25 hours of structured CPE hours upon completion of the course.
- Students also receive 5 hours of structured CPE hours upon passing the examination.
- Constitutional provisions related to GST
- Classification and Registration of GST
- Supply & Levy of GST
- Nature of Supply
- Time of Supply
- Place of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- E-way Bill
- Returns & Payments
- Import and Export under GST
- Maintenance of books of account and records
- Audit by tax authorities
- Demand & Recovery
- Search & Seizure
- Appeals & Revision
- Offences & Penalties
- Annual Return
- Reconciliation Statement
- Recent judicial pronouncements and Ethical Practices
3. Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
Course Name: Certificate Course in Goods and Services Tax
Duration: 5 weeks. Every Saturday and Sunday for 6 hours.
Course Fees: Non-refundable fee of INR 7500 + GST.
Address: Directorate of Corporate Laws and Governance
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area,
Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003
Phone Number: 011-45341070
Eligibility: Courses are for ICSI Members or Executive Program students.
The other one of the most-cherished GST Certification Courses in Kota is offered by ICSI. The course run by ICSI is crafted to ensure an exhaustive knowledge-based curriculum on the concepts and regulations of GST. It also includes the nuances of the Indirect Tax Regime. This very course also apprises the students about the current developments with respect to GST.
- Highly Experienced Faculty
- Courses are delivered via Live Webinars, PowerPoint Presentations, and Recorded Sessions
- Certificate jointly issued by ICSI and BSE Institute Limited
- Background and Basic Principles of GST Law
- Journey of GST in India
- Levy under GST
- Incidence of Tax – Supply
- The distinction between Goods and Services
- Place and Time of Supply
- GST – Operational Scheme
- Input Tax Credit Mechanism
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Registration under GST
- Tax Invoice
- Credit and Debit Notes
- Special Dispensations
- Overview of GSTN Portal
- Returns under GST
- E-Way Bill Mechanism
- Refunds under GST
- Exports and Imports
- Customs and FTP
- Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Audit under GST
- Demand Proceedings
- Penal Provisions
- Recovery Proceedings
- Exempted Goods and Services
- TDS/TCS Provisions
- Sector-Specific Issues viz. Construction, Logistics, E-Commerce, and Banking
4. Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI)
Course Name: Certificate Course on GST
Course Duration: 72 Hours
Course Fee: Rs.10,000 +18% GST (Excluding Exam Fee)
Rs. 8,000 + 18% GST (For CMA Members, CMA Final Pursuing Students, and CMA Final Passed Students) (Excluding Exam Fee)
Exam Fee Rs.1,000 +18% GST
Address: 12, Sudder Street Kolkata – 700016.
Phone: +91 33 40364777/22521031/1034/1035/1492
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India is the most singled out source of resources and professionals to enhance the financial leadership of enterprises globally. The Certificate Course on GST is one of the most sought-after GST Certification Courses in Kota. It functions as a very powerful tool of management control in all spheres of economic activities within the country, thereby, contributing immensely to the country’s developing economy.
- Mode of Course: Online
- Online Assessment
- Study Materials with Mock test papers and sample question papers are provided to all the students
- Special Discount for Corporate Houses:
For 5 – 10 employees, the discount is 15%
For more than 10 employees, the discount is 20%
- Experienced faculties from the Industry
- Background, Concepts, and Definitions of GST
- Refund of ITC
- Input Tax Credit
- Payment and Refunds
- Records and Returns
- Penalties and Prosecutions
- Imports and Exports
- Zero Rated Supplies
- Applicability of TDS and TCS under GST
- Filing of Return
- Taxable Event
- Time and Place of Supply
- Composite and Mixed Supply
- Exempted Supply
- Valuation under GST
- Assessment and Audit
- Advance Ruling and Anti-profiteering
- Adjudication and Appeal
5. Educate Institute of Pro – IT Private Limited, Kota
- Basic Accounting + Basic GST
Course Syllabus: Tally Ess. Level 1
Course Duration: 40 Days
Course Fee: INR 4000/-
- Advance Accounting + Advance GST
Course Syllabus: Tally Ess. Levels 1 & 2
Course Duration: 80 Days
Course Fee: INR 7000/-
- Expert Accounting + GST & TDS
Course Syllabus: Tally Ess. Levels 1,2 & 3
Course Duration: 120 Days
Course Fee: INR 10,000/-
Address: 31- A, Talwandi (1st Floor), Kota (Rajasthan) – 324005
Phone Number: +91-8949912272, 7240626462
- Online & Offline Classes Available
- 2 Days Demo Classes
6. Institute of Legal And Management Studies
Course Name: GST Professional Certification Course
Course Duration: 3 months (30+ Hours of Video Content)
Course Fee: INR 8,500
Address: Main Building, The Forum, Phase III DLF, Sector-24, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Phone Number: +91-9643341948
Impeccable knowledge regarding Goods and Services Tax is imparted to Individuals, Small Business Houses, Accountants, CAs, and other professionals through this course. The first section of this course on practical knowledge of GST Portal helps the students to hone the skills needed for their employment at an industrial level.
The second section of this course helps effectuate the ultimate competence on GST by practically clarifying the nuances of the GST filings, their deadlines, and penalties.
- No Minimum Educational Qualification
- Prepared by Industry Experts
- Improves Employability
- No Fixed Timings
- Innovative Content
- Online Certification
- Lifetime Access
- Introduction to GST
- Practical Knowledge of GST
- Registration, Returns, Ledger, and Payment Services on GST Portal
- Refund Services on GST Portal
- User Services on GST Portal
- GST Law
- Management of Payroll with PF, ESI, EPF, and Statutory Payment
- Computation of TDS and Extraction of TDS Reports
- Accounting of Goods Transport Agency
- MIS Reports
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Application of GST at Multiple Levels
- GST and Import & Export Entries
- GST Certification Courses in Jaipur
- GST Certification Courses in Indore
- GST Certification Courses in Hyderabad
- GST Certification Courses in Mumbai
- GST Certification Courses in Bangalore
- GST Certification Courses in Nashik
Course Name: GST Taxation Executive Professional Certificate Course
Course Duration: 3 months (10 hours a week)
Course Fee: Free Enrolment
- Beginner’s Level
- Employer Recognized Certificate from PwC India
- Flexible Schedule
- Fundamentals of GST and its Application to business transactions
- Input tax credit
- GST registration, preparation, and filing of returns on the Government portal.
- Reconciliations for filing of returns
- Maintenance of accounts and records for assessments and audits.
- Portfolio-ready projects
- E-way bill
- GST compliances
- Return filing
- GST law
- Registration & Reconciliation
Course Name: GST: The Goods and Services Tax Certificate Course
Course Duration: 20 lectures • (2h 56m)
Course Fee: INR 3,199
Udemy Inc. was founded by Eren Bali, Gagan Biyani, and Oktay Caglar in May 2010. It is an education technology company that offers an online learning and teaching platform to aspiring candidates.
This online platform has 62 million learners, more than 70,000 instructors teaching courses in nearly 75 languages, and over 210,000 courses with over 830 million course enrollments, as of March 2023.
- 3 hours of on-demand video
- Access on mobile and TV
- 2 practice tests
- Certificate of completion
- Credit Sales & Purchases
- Bank Receipt & Payment
- Cash Receipt & Payment
- GST Registration
- LUT Registration (Letter of Undertaking)
- Introduction to E-Way Bill
- E-way Bill
- E-way Bill
- GSTR 2A/2B Introduction and Data Preparation
- GSTR 2A/2B Reconciliation with Excel Tool
- GSTR 1 Online Filing
- GSTR 3B Introduction
- GSTR 3B Data Preparation From Tally
- GSTR 3B Online Filing
- ITC 04 Introduction and Data Preparation
- ITC 04 Online Filing
A well-known professional skills development center, NIIT has a footprint in nearly 30 countries across the globe. They have to their credit a very comprehensive array of learning solutions for enterprises as well as budding aspirants. They offer a classroom-based GST Certification Course in Kota entitled Introduction to GST. This program is available at select NIIT centers.
Course Name: Introduction to GST
Course Duration: 20 hours
- Industry-endorsed study material
- Participation Certificate titled “Introduction to GST”
- The e-certificate from Tally is to be earned by clearing an online Tally exam.
- Concepts of GST
- Supply of Goods & Services
- Time and Value of Supply
- Payment of Tax
- Input Credit Mechanism
- Consequences of Non-compliance
- Job Work and Non-Resident Tax Payer
- GSTN and GSP
- Tax Rate Structure
- Refund of Tax
- Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Role of the Tax Return Preparer
- Compliance Rating
- Demands and Recovery
- Audit Process
- Appeals and Revision
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What is the eligibility for the GST Certification Course?
Usually, the minimum educational qualification required for GST Certification Courses is graduation. But, nowadays, numerous courses are also designed for 12th-pass students. The candidate should have an avid interest in accounting-related facts. Possession of basic mathematical skills has an added advantage for better comprehension of the subject.
Q2. What is the job scope after the completion of the GST Certification Course?
At a time when the GDP of the country is rapidly increasing leading to the increased purchasing power of every citizen, the demand for GST professionals is fast amplifying. There have been frequent changes in the Taxation Rules which Accounting professionals need to be updated with. All these factors have increased the scope of GST Certification Courses in India.
Q3. What are the benefits of enrolling in a GST Certification Course?
Most Corporate Houses require professionals who are competent in GST management and reconciliation. A GST Certification Course brings forth innumerable benefits to individuals. First and foremost, it can help them acquire a salary hike of 15-25% on average. Secondly, it opens up several new avenues for individuals and allows them to get wonderful placements within the industry.
Q4. How to choose the right institute to join GST Certification Courses in Kota?
Reviewing the course content of the program in relation to its in-depth and practical approach, understanding the faculty’s background, and finally attending a few demo sessions in the Institute under consideration can help zero in on the correct course for enrolment.
GST Certification Courses in Kota are in high demand these days as they provide a competitive edge to professionals in the highly competitive market of the present ties. In addition to this, business houses are also on a constant lookout for certified professionals who can assist them comply with GST regulations and save costs. With the ever-escalating demand for GST professionals, these professional GST Certification Courses in Kota provide an excellent opportunity for individuals to upskill and improve their career prospects.