How will you cope if everything everywhere is led by technology and science? Due to advancements in technology, humankind has to interact with new gadgets, software, and hardware. No Doubt technology and science make human life easy but to become friendly with them first, we have to perceive them. To help with this here comes a technical writer. Yes, Technical writers, who make our job effortless with convenient writing. In this article, you will learn about the top Online technical writing courses in India.
Are you an Engineer, doctor, from the educational field, or finance and looking to build a career in technical writing? So first you have to realize that technical writing is not everyone’s cup of tea. But with proper course and learning method, it is probable, therefore this article is built in such format that will help you what are you seeking.
Technical writing is extremely in demand due to the thriving industries in India. Every sector of industry needs a professional and creative technical writer. Passionate about working in this lucrative industry. Here is a list of online technical writing courses for you; you can choose as per your comfort and move ahead.
- What is Technical Writing?
- Why Technical Writing?
- Top 5 Online Technical Writing Courses in India
3.1 IIM SKILL
3.5 Henry Harvin
- Job Opportunities after pursuing online technical writing courses.
- Work Place for Technical Writer.
- Skill requirement as a technical writer.
- Commonly Asked Questions
What is Technical Writing?
Technical writing is a way of converting complex formats into simple forms. It is a way of communicating with the audience in simple language on a specialized topic. A piece of information that is delivered in a precise and sophisticated manner is accessible by technical writing.
Technical writing is restrained in the technical and operational world, such as digital word, finance, robotics, electronics, computer software and hardware, forestry, engineering, architecture, and many more.
Types of Technical Writers:
Here is a list of some types of technical writers
- White paper
- Business plan
- Case Studies
- Technical Proposal
- API/ SDK Documentation
- Technical Manuals
- Project Plans
- Corporate Reports
- 9.RFPs & proposals
- User Guides/ User Manuals
Why a Technical Writer?
Technical writers convey ideas, technology, and procedures in simple and precise language; the art of writing is different from other writing forms. The role of the designer and developers is to develop and design the product. Nevertheless, the documentation created by the developer is only understandable to their associates. But to reach a larger audience, we need a technical writer.
The target audience for technical writers is the user, not the developer. The main object is to make non-technical users understandable. Whether it is a book, practical manual, product description, electronic manual, hardware manual, or software manual, all we see around us is technical writing. The quality of language, ease, and understanding are the roles of technical writers.
As technical writing is an emerging profession, every company is concerned about technical writing, from online marketing and e-commerce companies to educational fields, IT, finance, medicine, and others.
Other best online courses:
- Online Content Writing Courses
- Online GST Certification Courses
- Online Business Accounting and Taxation Courses
- Online Financial Modeling Courses
Top 6 Online Technical Writing Courses in India
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is a well-known ed-tech institute based in Delhi, India. One of the preeminent institutes for distant learning. No doubt, they offer you multiple courses. If you’re looking for online technical writing courses then no doubt IIM SKILLS is a wonderful choice for you. Learning online, while sitting at home, at your convenience is a great option for you. Let’s have an overview of the courses.
Name of the course: Master Technical Writing Course
Course Duration: 5 weeks of online training
Internship: 1 Month Guarantee Internship
Course Fee: INR 14,999 + 18% GST
Batch Day and Time:
Weekdays (Tuesday and Thursday)
8:00 – 10:00 PM (IST)
Weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
10:00 – 2:00 PM(IST)
The module of the Course:
The course covers all the topics in depth; the following is just a brief overview. It encompasses many subtopics.
- How to write?
- Constructing your content.
- How to build a technical report.
- Learn how to write a white paper and technical report.
- What is Conversational writing?
- DDLC and Versioning.
- How to review and publish.
- API Documentation.
- Proof Reading.
- Styling and preparing the datasheet.
- Medical Writing.
- Case study, and many more.
This is not all; in addition, you will also get:
- Lifetime access to courses and support from mentors are the best things about IIM skills if we compare them to other competitors.
- Expertise and support to build a portfolio for jobs and freelancing.
- Guidance about how to Publish your technical blog
- Course curriculum in development under industry experts
- Help in publishing erudite articles and book chapters.
- After completion of the course, you will receive an international certificate and global placement compensation.
- Live Interaction with mentors, 60+ Hours of Practical Assignment.
- 8. You will consolidate and get to know about various software tools throughout the course that is the main domain of technical writing, such as Ms Visio, MS Project, Git, Scribus, Canva, Powerpoint, and many more.
Why IIM SKILLS?
Online training, 24*7, any time help support.
Although training is online, you will get hands-on learning experience.
Since 2015, we have trained over 15,000 candidates.
Reasonable fee structure
Contact Support: +91 9580740740
Email ID: email@example.com
Udemy is an online platform for learners looking for technical writing courses. One of the acknowledged sites for both novice and Professional candidates willing to enhance their skills and knowledge is Udemy, which is certainly a great place to do so.
The courses provided by Udemy are useful and deliver great affirmation to candidates. Once you reach out on the Udemy site, you will spot various technical writing courses. You can figure it out as per your choice for the course.
The course will help you cope with the requirements that every industry is searching for, such as documentation writing, report writing, and public relations. Also, if you are interested in learning engineering reporting, business writing, or API documentation, Udemy offers courses to help you prevail.
What will you learn from Udemy:
- Technical documents that meet the demands of readers
- What selection of resources will help you write with more assurance?
- Learn a selection of words.
- How to write compellingly
- Learn how to figure out the best technical writing style.
- How to Add graphics to documentation
- arrangement of documents more professionally
- Learn what elements to include in different types of technical writing styles.
- Proofreading and Editing documents more impressively and easily
- Tips and training from the trainer and feedback from the subject matter expert.
Course Fee: INR 2,999 (INR 499 on offer)
Course Duration: Depends on the Course you Select.
Course Time: Flexible
Internship: Not Mentioned
Certificate: After the completion of the course digital certificate is offered.
Coursera is one of the best online learning platforms for learners across the world. Offers prominent online technical writing courses from reputable institutes. The course is well structured and meets all the necessary criteria of the individual looking for it. Going through the website, you will come across the top 10 institutes that offer technical writing courses.
Additionally, the best part is that the course available here is available in numerous languages and subtitles. You can download the course and resume it at your convenience.
Each course’s times and fee structures are different. You have the option to select your level of proficiency, such as beginner, intermediate, or advanced based on your own assessment of your abilities.
Are you looking for a full-time online diploma course in technical writing? Here is one of the chosen institutes for you: Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning is one of the known institutes offering a postgraduate diploma in technical writing program that is endorsed by AICTE.
This is a two-year course divided into four- semesters with the aim to equip learners can qualify for both theoretical and practical facets of technical writing.
Module Covered in all four Semesters:
- Information Development Lifecycle 1 and 2
- Technical Writing Style and Editing
- Tips in English Grammar
- Application of Software Tools for Technical Communication
- Modern Concepts in Technical Communication
- Technical Communication and Project Management
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Introduction of Business Communication
- Instructional Design for Business Communication
- Creative Writing in Business Communication
- Advance Documentation
- Research Method
- Project and Assignments
|Category||A single time full payment||1st Payment||2nd Payment|
|Open||INR 58,000/-||INR 35,000/-||INR 28,000/-|
|Defence||INR 55,000/-||INR 35,000/-||INR 25,000/-|
Career Opportunities after completion of the course:
- Technical Writer
- Online Technical Writer
- Technical Web Writer
- Business Writer
- Informational Designer
- Usability Tester.
Phone No: 020- 25211 111
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
- Technical Writing Courses in Ahmedabad
- Technical Writing Courses in Delhi
- Technical Writing Courses in Kolkata
- Technical Writing Courses in Chandigarh
- Technical Writing Courses in Goa
5. Henry Harvin
A well-known facilitator who facilitates online technical writing courses in India and Internationally. With a great vision to sharpen individuals and train them in technical writing, Henry Harvin is one of the leading organizations. Looking for the best online technical writing courses? Certainly, going with the Henry Harvin Learning Institute is a good decision.
Module 1: What is Technical Writing
Module 2: Documentation Process
Module 3: Process in Technical Writing
Module 4: Grammar and Editing
Module 5: Know about Software used in Technical Writing
Module 6: Learn How to Create Technical Templates
Module 7: Techniques Used in Technical Writing
Module 8: Components of Technical Writing
Module 9: Formats of Technical Writing
Module 10: Advanced Technical Writing Tools
Complimentary Module 1: Soft Skill Development
Complimentary Module 2: Resume and Portfolio Development
Tools Enclosed during the course:
- Ms Word
- Google Docs
- Snipping Tools
- Tech smith Snagit
- Fire Shot
- Adobe Photoshoot
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Snag IT
- DITA Tool
- API Documentation
- Upon completion of this course, you will become eligible for Writing a Perfect Quality Thesis, Research Paper, become Online Technical Writer or Technical Content.
- Job Opportunities Abroad.
- Eligible for High-Paying Position.
- Solid Foundation in Technical Writing.
- After completion, you will earn Rewarding Certificate.
What you will achieve from this course:
- This is a live online session comparing 36 hours and a 6-hour writing assignment.
2. Live projects and internships will help you gain experience.
3. Get a government-recognized certified certificate from Henry Harvin and the award-winning Institute.
4. Offer 100% Placement support even post-completion of the course.
5. Access to video tutorials, study material, and software tools and techniques.
6. Access the masterclass anytime to learn soft skill development.
7. You will receive a one-year golden membership.
8. Anytime support and help from Henry Harvin after the completion of the course.
Course Duration: 3 Month session (30 + hours Live online two-way lecture and 6+ Hours Assignment Writing)
Internship: 3-month Paid Internship.
Course Fee: INR 20K – 1 Lakh per Month
Contact Information: +91 9015266266
Email Id: email@example.com
Become a certified, trained technical writer from a government-recognized Educational and Career Times institute that is based in Delhi, India. Excellent platform for anyone looking for an online technical writing course.
The course comprises a total of 12 modules. The duration of this course is a total of 3 months, which includes 32 hours of live classroom instruction on top of that 52-hour eLearning video.
Module 1: Introduction to Technical Writing
Module 2: Grammar and Styling
Module 3: Information Architecture
Module 4: Master a Markdown Language
Module 5: Learn XML
Module 6: Learn JSON
Module 7: Learn DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture)
Module 8: Document Authoring Tool
Module 9: Technical Authoring Tool
Module 10: API Documentation
Module 11: A Documentation Strategy
Module 12: Future of Technical Writing
Module 13: Contributing to Open-Source Projects
Module 14: Beginner-Friendly Tools
Course Fee: INR 14,696 (18% GST)
Course Duration: 3 Months +91-7827916060
Internship: Unpaid Internship
Certificate: Earn Government-recognized Digital Certificate.
The duration is 3-6 months. 96-hour Live session Where you have to complete 18 projects and assignments and also go through 36 Quizzes to test your knowledge.
Module 1: All modules from option 1
Module 2: Introduction to Web Development
Module 3: Learning HTML 5
Module 4: Semantic HTML
Module 5: Learn CSS
Module 8: Website Building
Course Fee: INR 33,898 (18% GST)
Course Duration: 3-6 Months
Internship: Unpaid Internship
Certificate: Earn four Government-recognized Digital Certificate.
- Government-recognized certificate
- 6 Assignments throughout the course
- 6 live project experience
- Internship Opportunities
- 12 Quizzes to groom your skill
- Placement provided.
- Interactive session
Phone No: +91-7827916060
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Opportunities After Pursuing Online Technical Writing Courses:
- IT Sector Job: In the IT sector, a technical writer works in collaboration with developers on manuals, software documentation, or technical content. Documentation includes such things as Code diagrams and API references. For this role, a technical writer must have a science or engineering background.
Here, the technical writer’s role is to build high-quality manuals that fulfill users’ needs. They also do proofreading and editing.
- Pharmaceutical Industries: Here the technical writer is responsible for creating procedures, preparing clinical reports, and preparing procedural documents. Prepare health care manuals for professionals, training manuals, and user guide manuals.
- Ed Tech Industries: Here The technical writer’s role is to produce educational material for educational institutes. Writing journals, textbooks, and manuals that teachers can relate to and that are precise and simple for students too. Preparing curricula, developing user guides, etc. are the roles of technical writers in academic institutions.
Workplace for Technical Writers:
Nowadays, technical writers can approach any area. The doors are open for them; from small companies to big companies, every area is searching for technical writers. For Example,
- Aerospace and Defence
- Financial and Insurance Services
- Information Technology
- HR and Staffing
- Personal Consumer Service
- Transport and Logistics
- Management and Consulting
- Government and Public Administration
- Construction and Maintenance
- Healthcare etc
Skills Requirement as Technical Writer:
- Proficient in writing, proofreading, styling, and editing.
- Good Communication skills.
- Skill to distill complex writing in a simple form.
- Leadership Quality and Team Work
- Research Quality
- Dedication towards work and work field.
- In-depth knowledge of product and user needs
Commonly Asked Question
1. What is the salary of a technical writer in India?
Answer: The wages earned by a technical writer are contrasting. Every company offers different payment scales as per the experience and Position. But the estimated Average Annual salary of a technical writer in India after completing online technical writing courses would be 5-6 LPA.
2. Is it wise to pursue a technical writing course?
Answer: Yes, if you have an interest in writing and want to build a career in technical then pursuing technical writing is not a waste of time. It is a promising career as industries and the world are moving toward technological advancement, and the requirement for writers will increase.
3. What are the prerequisites for becoming a technical writer?
Answer: A bachelor’s degree in a specific domain is enough. After that, you are eligible to pursue a diploma, postgraduate, or certificate course in technical writing at your choice of institute.
4. What Age is required to become a technical Writer?
Answer: As such, there is no age; one should be interested in writing and technology. To fill the gap between humans and technology, technical writers enter the market. Real dedication and time are accepted because sometimes jobs become time-consuming. One needs to undergo training and gain experience, and also keep learning which is essential to succeed in this profession.
5. What are the tools used in technical writing on a daily basis?
Answer: During the course, you will go through various tools and their applications used while technical writing. Institutes will cover all topics and tools that one should be aware of such as, notepad+++, snipping tool, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Git, CopyScape, TechSmith Snaglt, and many more.
I hope the above article will be beneficial for someone who is searching for online technical writing courses. Above, we almost have covered the top-ranking online platforms in the educational domain. Going Through the article, you may realize what is a good suited for you. Due to the booming IT industries, not only IT but every sector of industry needs professional technical writers; therefore, the requirement for technical writers has heightened. A degree is not only important to succeed as a technical writer, but good soft skills, training, and practical experience are also mandatory to survive in the market for technical writing. Therefore, this article is built to meet the fundamental requirements of the individual who is seeking online technical writing courses. You can also do your research for more detailed information, if possible, on the institute’s particular website.